Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 01-19-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Riot at Mirage tournament?

[ QUOTE ]
I played at Commerce yesterday for three hours and saw five yelling matches and two that required security to come over and restore order. I left at 7pm. I can't imagine what the hell happens after that.

I don't play there a lot (mostly HG) but is this standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds pretty normal to me.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:12 PM

I'm not saying that HG is full of Buddist monks or anything, but JEEZ. Funny stuff.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everytime i go to commerce, i see a near fistfight break out. it is to my understanding that commerce houses the largest quantity of degenerates at one place at any given time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Commerce is the largest cardroom in the world. That's the "general" public under one roof. "Degenerates"? I hope you are including the ones who wear suit and ties when the go to work.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everytime i go to commerce, i see a near fistfight break out. it is to my understanding that commerce houses the largest quantity of degenerates at one place at any given time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Commerce is the largest cardroom in the world. That's the "general" public under one roof. "Degenerates"? I hope you are including the ones who wear suit and ties when the go to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am confused as to what your post is trying to say. are you trying to defend degenerates?

Commerce is in fact the largest pokerroom in the world. However, the "general" public does not play poker. Most people don't even know wtf the commerce is. The fact is, the population inside commerce are degenerates, not the "general public" as you would say. I would estimate that 95% of the players there are total degens, 3% of people there are just recreational players out to have a good time win loss or draw, and the last 2% are comprised of players like us trying to make some money.

But lets define the term degenerates. The degenerates are the ones you see there everyday gambling away cold capping with 47o losing money day in and day out when they should be with their wife and kids or whatever. The degenerates are the ones who verbally abuse the dealers and players when they lose a hand. The degenerates are the ones who bring their wives and have them sit there for hours on end bored out their fuging minds. The degenerates are the retards who blame the dealer for not giving them winning hands or for making them "unlucky". The degenerates are the ones asking for setup every 20 mins thinking that it will somehow change their luck. Thats just a primer list, there is more such degenerate behavior but i think you get the point. I have played for awhile at commerce and encountered the most dirty, digusting, degenerates. It makes me sad. It makes me feel like a degenerate just playing with these slobs.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:44 PM

That sounds exactly like the crowd that plays at most of the 1/2 poker rooms here in Florida.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:36 PM

The Bike/Hustler are right up ther IMO, maybe a little worse percentage wise. i have never been to the card rooms in Gardena but i bet the degenerates there make the commerce scum bags look like angels.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:22 PM

I went to the Commerce to see a fight, and a poker game broke out.

Actually, I think I've seen more actual fists flying at The Bike. YMMV.

Though I've had racks thrown at me at Hustler and The Bike (dang sore losers gettin' stacked.... )

AB
Old 01-22-2007, 07:41 PM

wasn't this thread supposed to be about the mirage?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bike/Hustler are right up ther IMO, maybe a little worse percentage wise. i have never been to the card rooms in Gardena but i bet the degenerates there make the commerce scum bags look like angels.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not even close. South Bay types are way less wound up than folks from West LA or Burbank or the valley.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:31 AM

heh well... i have seen a guy have a seizure at Commerce. They had to call the paramedics and he was taken away on a stretcher.

He came back two hours later and kept playing!