[ QUOTE ]
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/11/D8IPQS6G3.html

Turn On Your TV's.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Religion of Peace" strikes again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hinduism?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop bet on who is ultimately found responsible?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is the Sikhs. And I don't believe that anyone considers Sikhism to be the "religion of peace"...even tongue in cheek.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's quite likely to be al Qaeda or some wannabes or offshoots. As the WSJ pointed out, it's another x/11 date, and it's similar to both the London and Madrid bombings.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Explosions Hit Bombay Trains During Rush Hour

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, 5 people killed in 20 years? What an outrage.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you hear that whooshing sound? It was my point sailing over your head. Religious Fanatics are not necessarily representative the religion they supposedly are a part of. Anybody who blames Christianity on the Crusades, or Islam on 9/11 is just being intellectually lazy.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, excellent post. You have well demonstrated the incredible restraint of fundamentalist Christians as opposed to fundamental Islamists. After all these numbers reflect a rather mild response for those for whom abortion is murder, the murder of roughly one million per year for many years.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll have no argument from me that Christian Fundamentalism is currently no match for Islamic Fundamentalism, but that is beside the point entirely. A damned book no more causes violence than video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. AS to your first point, you're ignoring my point that the ratio of crazy violent fanatics: normal people in islam is much much much much much higher than in any other major world religion.

2. As to your second point, I'm not saying you're wrong, it is as much a statement about the types of people that are attracted to the religion as anything else (its the biggest attracting religion in prisons these day).
Old 07-12-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll have no argument from me that Christian Fundamentalism is currently no match for Islamic Fundamentalism, but that is beside the point entirely. A damned book no more causes violence than video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
2. As to your second point, I'm not saying you're wrong, it is as much a statement about the types of people that are attracted to the religion as anything else (its the biggest attracting religion in prisons these day).

[/ QUOTE ]

So when prisoners convert to Christianity, it's a testament to the violent/criminal appeal of Christianity, because prisoners are attracted to it; however, because more prisoners now convert to Islam, we can deduce Islam has become the religion of choice for violent criminals, therefore settling the question of which religion is more inherently violent?

Am I capturing your argument correctly?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, 5 people killed in 20 years? What an outrage.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you hear that whooshing sound? It was my point sailing over your head. Religious Fanatics are not necessarily representative the religion they supposedly are a part of. Anybody who blames Christianity on the Crusades, or Islam on 9/11 is just being intellectually lazy.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, excellent post. You have well demonstrated the incredible restraint of fundamentalist Christians as opposed to fundamental Islamists. After all these numbers reflect a rather mild response for those for whom abortion is murder, the murder of roughly one million per year for many years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. AS to your first point, you're ignoring my point that the ratio of crazy violent fanatics: normal people in islam is much much much much much higher than in any other major world religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I didn't ignore it (as shown in point 2)
2. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

When you say 'the numbers!', you're using only one aspect of the equation. You ignore huge influences such as socio-economic factors and geo-politics with respect to the regions affected. The Koran is no more violent than the Bible, seriously. Both are ancient texts that preach both love and violent action as a method of problem resolution and Spiritually ascension, however It makes little sense to blame the religion when people take certain verses to heart or take others out of context and use them as an excuse for murder.

Many choose to give Christianities harsher Old Testament preachings a pass and instead choose to interpret them in a more positive manner. This is perfectly acceptable IMO, and is a progressive change from such 'justifiable' acts of violence like the Crusades and other Spiritually based slaughters. But even though the Bible has violent passages, nobody claims that Christianity is a religion of violence, why? Because people don't use Christianity to justify their idiocy in such large numbers anymore, so it goes under the radar and is quietly ignored while Islam gets the exposure.

What say you to the millions of Muslims in America who do much to distance themselves from these fundamentalist freaks? Are they not real followers of Islam? The numbers do not matter in the larger picture, as the issue is little more than murderers interpreting an ancient text in a way that suits thier political needs.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not.

You and the people supporting your position keep using statistical outliers to compare christianity to islam. (The previous post about the abortion clinic bombings, etc.)
Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculously overly and incorrectly used on these politics boards. Its second only to "Ad-Hominem." No, correlation doesn't equal causation, you're right, but its sure as hell evidence of causation.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculously overly and incorrectly used on these politics boards. Its second only to "Ad-Hominem." No, correlation doesn't equal causation, you're right, but its sure as hell evidence of causation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be interesting...

Please show the "evidence" you have that the Koran CAUSES violence.. I'll even give you some leverage: show me evidence of ANY book causing violence. Oh, and it's nice that you completely avoid the rest of my previous post.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not.

You and the people supporting your position keep using statistical outliers to compare christianity to islam. (The previous post about the abortion clinic bombings, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't even taken a position; I'm a bit curious about the prisoner comment:

"2. As to your second point, I'm not saying you're wrong, it is as much a statement about the types of people that are attracted to the religion as anything else (its the biggest attracting religion in prisons these day)."

Please elaborate what you were getting at here.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not.

[/ QUOTE ]

"2. As to your second point, I'm not saying you're wrong, it is as much a statement about the types of people that are attracted to the religion as anything else (its the biggest attracting religion in prisons these day)."

[/ QUOTE ]

That I'm not saying that any religion is really inherently violent, just the people who follow it. I thought that was clear?
Old 07-12-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That I'm not saying that any religion is really inherently violent, just the people who follow it. I thought that was clear?

[/ QUOTE ]

And your evidence for this claim -- that is, the claim that lots of people who follow Islam are violent...is that lots of prison inmates convert to Islam, correct?