Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums

Old 11-30-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Re: How to use VBulletin

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone hating on vB hasnt used the beta. Trust me it is awesome, and everyone whining about "no change pls" has herpes.

[/ QUOTE ]

is the beta only available to mods?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:04 AM

[quote=bozzer]is the beta only available to mods? [/quote ]
Of course not. [spoiler]Admins got access, too.[/spoiler]
Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 AM

You know anyone can see how many posts we have done so I think it would be cool if vB would enable us to give ourselves our own titles instead of getting one based on our post count or being given an individual one by the higher ups.

I asked this in another thread (there are too many of them dealing with vB by the way) but is there anything I need to do on my end to make the connecting to the forum, for the first time after the change, easier?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know anyone can see how many posts we have done so I think it would be cool if vB would enable us to give ourselves our own titles instead of getting one based on our post count or being given an individual one by the higher ups.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitepoints vBulletin allows you to choose your own title - so it is possible but maybe not out of the box.

Once the forum is running smoothly please have someone find some cool vBulletin hacks to install.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitepoints vBulletin allows you to choose your own title - so it is possible but maybe not out of the box.

Once the forum is running smoothly please have someone find some cool vBulletin hacks to install.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is out of the box. Don't think mods won't to deal with monitoring them to make sure they are okay though. Probably won't be enabled though location fields are essentially the same thing. Also allows things like "Poker Stars Support" or something in the title and everyone knows it is legit.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:49 AM

mods,

you're all building us up, so it's bound to be disappointing. the key is to keep expectations low, baby.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:02 AM

i've been a long time member of www.avsforum.com, which uses vb and it's easy to use.

that said, i still prefer ubb (not that it matters), especially for 2+2, where threads can become large quickly.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is out of the box. Don't think mods won't to deal with monitoring them to make sure they are okay though. Probably won't be enabled though location fields are essentially the same thing. Also allows things like "Poker Stars Support" or something in the title and everyone knows it is legit.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was already stated in one of the other VB threads that mods will no longer be able to change titles, only admins

Can any green confirm?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It was already stated in one of the other VB threads that mods will no longer be able to change titles, only admins

Can any green confirm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmed
Old 11-30-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This ability is available but won't be enabled for regular members right off. We may reconsider eventually.

Finding cool hacks is something I like doing, and we have several installed for this. Trying to keep the number low until we're on our way, though.