Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: call of duty 4

[ QUOTE ]
I am using a perk that says I don't show up on radar. Is this any good? What does it do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally you are invisible on the map to your opponents unless you fire an unsilenced weapon or the enemy uses the UAV radar, which they can use if they get 3 kills in a row and enables them to view everybody's location on the map for 30 seconds. With UAV Jammer you don't show up on the radar when they do this, unless you fire an unsilenced weapon like normal regardless of the UAV jammer you will show up on the radar. The only way to completely stay off enemy radar at all times is to use a weapon with a silencer and use the UAV jammer perk.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am using a perk that says I don't show up on radar. Is this any good? What does it do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally you are invisible on the map to your opponents unless you fire an unsilenced weapon or the enemy uses the UAV radar, which they can use if they get 3 kills in a row and enables them to view everybody's location on the map for 30 seconds. With UAV Jammer you don't show up on the radar when they do this, unless you fire an unsilenced weapon like normal regardless of the UAV jammer you will show up on the radar. The only way to completely stay off enemy radar at all times is to use a weapon with a silencer and use the UAV jammer perk.

[/ QUOTE ]
TY this seems like a pretty good combo but I would hate not having red dot scope [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 01:38 AM

i just bought this game on account of you guys.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:44 AM

Good luck losing the rest of your life.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:14 AM

I might spend the rest of my life trying to get past the fkkking ferris wheel waiting for helicopter part.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:14 AM

Every day I play the multiplayer on COD4 it gets funner and funner. Not too often anymore am I getting killed left and right (at least not without taking a lot of guys out in the process). The only thing that matters to me is that I kill a lot of guys, at least enough for me to feel satisfied.

What's the best way to get XP? I really want to rank up to get some of the better weapons, specifically the M14 and the P90. I've heard great things about both and occasionally picked them up from a fallen solider and they're both awesome weapons, especially the P90. It's got the power of an assault rife with the firing rate of an uzi - so sick. Didn't seem like it had too much recoil from what I could tell, but I've barely used it (get killed pretty often so when I do get a hold of it it's not for long).

So yeah, best ways to get a lot XP? Recently I've been using different weapons and getting the first two attachments for them before moving on to another weapon (planning on getting the 3rd one for 1000 points later). FFA is the funnest mode for me, lets me go wild running around and killing people. I get killed a lot but manage to kill even more people. Unfortunately FFA doesn't give a lot of XP unless you consistently rack up a ton of kills. But I find that whenever I try team deathmatch I get smoked. Pretty much every game mode other than FFA I feel like such a sitting duck, getting mowed down by people I can't see. Or worse; I can see them but they still make mince meat of me time after time. Seems like the other modes involve quite a bit of long range battles and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've killed somebody from long distance using the red dot scope, and the ACOG scope has been very unaccurate in my experience with it, so I've been using the red dot on all weapons.

The only thing I'm good at is close quarters apparently. I'm only rank 22 so I still don't have a lot of the better weapons yet, but which weapons are best for medium-long range? And is the ACOG scope useful on any weapon, or is it terribly inaccurate for all the guns? I see some people seem to be very good with it but my limited use of it I wasn't impressed at all.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might spend the rest of my life trying to get past the fkkking ferris wheel waiting for helicopter part.

[/ QUOTE ]
when you set the guy down, look to hsi right and there is a tree, use this tree as cover, and you will realy only have to look to your right, which is right at the wheel and behind it. It limits the space you have to look at, and should give you enough cover to not have to worry about the [censored] he is shooting at. Also, plant all you claymores before he uses the raido.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the best way to get XP?

[/ QUOTE ]
afaik using different weapons and getting the upgrade bonus is the best way to lvl up.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 AM

Yeah, I've had a few of them be worth 1000 XP.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:35 AM

stupid game keeps crashing on me: in single player mode it seems to happen pretty randomly in-gamee; in multi-player mode it doesn't even load up.

i've patched it to v1.2, and have tracked down an obscure Vista hotfix for games.

any ideas on how to fix it? vista, in its infinite wisdom, doesn't give proper error messages detailing what the error is (or give me anything to google beyond "call of duty 4 keeps crashing" which doesn't help me much)

edit: COD4 safe mode doesn't help; running it in vista compatibility mode doesn't help