Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $25
MP: $25
CO: $25.10
BTN: $25
Hero (SB): $38.55
BB: $75.25

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9</font>, BB calls $6

Flop: ($18) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ?</font>

BB stats: 39/18/1.2 over 90 hands, with a 14% 3-bet stat. I had been playing pretty solid (14/14/9.0 over 79 hands) at the table and I can't remember any history between us.

I have absolutely no idea how to play flop. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: 25NL: I 4-bet TT in a blind war, no idea how to play flop

I would probably bet 15 into it, and fold if raised.
BB seems somewhat weak. He is probably putting you on qq+ at this point. I don't think he continues unless he has AA, KK, or QQ himself here, so youre probably safe to fold if raised. Checking would be really weak imo, because if he bets and you want to continue you have to play for your stack.

Personally, I dont like the 3x 4bet oop. If you think hes 3betting you light, I would probably 4bet shove that. You being so deep makes post flop play questionable because you are getting too committed to the hand to get more information on his holding.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I dont like the 3x 4bet oop. If you think hes 3betting you light, I would probably 4bet shove that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at stack sizes, a 4-bet shove is a really really gross overbet.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I dont like the 3x 4bet oop. If you think hes 3betting you light, I would probably 4bet shove that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at stack sizes, a 4-bet shove is a really really gross overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I didn't say its correct, I said "I would". If youre 4betting for value I think its better to make it more than 3x oop.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:43 PM

I don't like the 4-bet. It makes the pot huge for your hand, which really isn't all that great of a post-flop hand usually and leaves you in a hard place. Often you're getting overcards on the flop. If you raised to $9 for fold equity, then you should have just shoved.

I think the 4-bet was too much, personally. I would have called the $3 and re-evaluated on the flop. Then you're staring at a $6 pot, and you can lead $5 into it and see what he does. A big re-raise from the opp and you're out of there, for the same amount as you put in pre-flop and without being committed.

You're repping an AQ or higher, and unless he has AA/KK he's going to seriously consider folding that flop. For the same amount you have much more FE.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 PM

GRUNCH

4bet too light and too small in size, make it more like $12 PF if you 4bet. I'd prefer just calling and not play for stacks against the BB with Tens. If he 3bets light should be easier to play postflop. As played I would throw out a weak lead and call shove like an intentionally small bet meant to induce a possible bluff shove, around $8. I can see opponent moving in with a small pair facing this kind of bet quite frequently. Wouldn't do this against someone with a longer history much... but I like it here.

Why? Because you decided to play for stacks by 4betting and I think this is the best way to get it in with the best hand.