Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 09-24-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Romance Movies (Why do YOU like them?)

I know this sounds kinda gay in a forum filled with men, and if you want to help but are embarrased (For whatever reason) you can PM the answers or make a new account and post, or whatever you want. I would really like some input. Also, if you dont really like romance but have some opinions why others do then post those too.

Instead of making a whole new post for this, I'll use the one I have been posting in Facebook Groups of specific movies

[ QUOTE ]

Im doing a research project for a Psychology class and wish to obtain some information about romance movies. I am basically looking at reason people like Romance movies. I dont want to know scenes or parts you liked about this specific movie, I want to know WHY you liked those parts of the movie (for example "I like the deep passion" or "I like putting myself in the characters place"). Please elaborate as much as you can.

Also, it would be extremely helpful if you took this personality test:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

If you wish to take the test, would you post your results here, this will help me know what kind of people like certain parts of a movie. If you post your results here, it should look something like this:

(These are my actual results btw)

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 1 62 33
Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
• slightly expressed introvert
• slightly expressed sensing personality
• distinctively expressed thinking personality
• moderately expressed judging personality

THANKS A LOT FOR ANYONE THAT HELPS!!!!!

BRIAN K.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Romance Movies (Why do YOU like them?)

I think we like romance movies because we put ourselves in the shoes of the lead characters and are swept away in the fantasy of the movie.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:17 AM

Your Type is
ENTP
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
1 94 38 11

i like putting myself in the character's situation and determining how i would act, or at least how i think i would act.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 AM

I sometimes enjoy teh genre because they are usually light, formulaic, and good for an escape movie when you want one. Even many of the good ones follow the romantic comedy formula and it works when it's done right. It's just the same for me with action films, as sometimes, I just need to see [censored] get blown up in many different ways

I think anyone that flat out refuses to watch a romantic comedy because it's generally geared towards one demographic is just being short sighted because they aren't allowing themselves to see some truly great films
Old 09-25-2007, 11:33 AM

Seeing them comes and goes with me. Their rewards can be very slightly, and bad ones are being put out constantly. And bad romantic movies are among the worst kind of bad movies out there. They can also seem deeply cynical, condescending, and manipulative. It's easy to get sick of them.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:24 PM

I think I enjoy these movies because most of us think that there is a thing called true love out there and these movies give us an idea of what that could be like. Loving someone unconditionally is one of the greatest feelings in the world.