Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: looking to stake people part 3

I am currently a poor college student and have no money to put online to play right now. I'm a sophomore in college but my classes are pretty light this semester so I should be able to put in lots of while at school. I have been doing lots of studying of the game recently such as reading the forums and books so I can get back into the swing of things. I guess I'll let these screen shots do the rest of the talking for me. Thanks

Stats:

NL $25 Graph:

NL $100 Graph:

NL $200 Graph

Old 09-02-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do people understand what staking is here? It's getting money to play in a game that you are supposed to be +ev in, without having the money to play in it with your own money.

It is NOT "Hey I wanna try out playing 3 levels higher than I've ever played/beaten before, and use others people money for it", which it seems a lot of people are looking at doing based on this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i understand where your coming from. i personally only stake people who have gone through drop in finances due to paying rent/tuition fees etc and have previously beaten a level i then stake them for.

but these people are pretty hard to find as they are usually keep enough money in a roll so they don't need to be staked.

so the majority of people who are posting with a serious reply will be those who are winning players at a level but want to try a higher level without risk to themselves. heck i could higher with a very very comfortable roll, doesn't mean i play it becuase i find the variance $ wise too much of a bitch. thus in theory if i can beat the game (note if, i may not be able to) but am averse to playing it due to the variance involved, i should be the type of person who is good to stake.

either way, trying to find people to stake is pretty tough given 1 playing blowing it can mean you need another 3 or so players to win.

gl with it though, the principle is great (hence why i asked elsewhere if anyone wanted to be staked and went on to stake 5 players or so) but the practice is tricky.

i know you probs know all of this, but thought i might as well post.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do people understand what staking is here? It's getting money to play in a game that you are supposed to be +ev in, without having the money to play in it with your own money.

[/ QUOTE ]

says who? How many mike matusows are the supposed to be in bbv? The simple fact is that 99% of the people who are +EV in a higher limit game have the roll to take the shot at already, or if they don't they could very easily get it if they just grinded out another month. If they don't have the roll, or couldnt get it quickly on their own, then they prolly arent +EV in that game.

Staking can still be +EV for both people even if the stakee has the roll for it on his own.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:07 PM

I'll throw one up. I played heavily on party about a year ago, beating NL200 and NL400 comfortably with a 25k roll. However a 7 buyin downswing coupled with some real life stuff really crippled me mentally, so I withdrew everything and took a long break.

Fast forward a little while, and I started playing again properly in June. Been playing NL200 with mixed success, June turned out well enough, July was basically breakeven and August was fairly good.

Idealy i'd be staked for NL400 on either FT or Party. I've beaten those limits before (although no data for that as it was ~9 months ago), so i'm confident of doing it again. I'm playing about 40,000 hands a month and with or without staking my goal is to be beating NL400 and NL600 consistently by the end of the year. I'm dedicating as much time as possible to improving my game to make that happen.

Obviously i'm probably not known to most people because I don't post much, which I suppose could be a problem, but there's little I can do about that.

Here's some data/graphs:

August

July

June:

-Andy
Old 09-02-2007, 12:07 PM

Id like to be staked and or coached to play 6max/HU at my current level or 600nl+ full ring. Either way I know I can win in them I just get tilted by the ugly part of variance in those games. This is everything played this summer. I also made 3k on full tilt 200/400nl heads up but I played on a diff PC with no database. I could probably request the hhs if needed. I have been a winner in the game for a while and see alot of shorthanded play potential in my game. I'm the most aggressive nit youll see. I learned NL at the fr tables so its hard to leave the bitch.

Im looking for a stake to play a game where I would profit double $ wise than I am now so that im not taking an hourly cut in my income after I chop your end. Unless someone good were to be staking and coaching me then Id probably work cheaply for a while. Im 21 in college and a very quick study. For example:I started with 80 bucks in november of 06 and used Full Ring no limit to grind out over 30k and am now a 200nl 10 tabling pro.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

says who? How many mike matusows are the supposed to be in bbv? The simple fact is that 99% of the people who are +EV in a higher limit game have the roll to take the shot at already, or if they don't they could very easily get it if they just grinded out another month. If they don't have the roll, or couldnt get it quickly on their own, then they prolly arent +EV in that game.

Staking can still be +EV for both people even if the stakee has the roll for it on his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, that was badly worded on my part. You are of course correct, it came out wrong. You can definitely be staked playing a level you can technically afford, I was only targetting the people wanting to play higher, i.e basically take a shoot, at a level they had never played/beaten before and thus have no idea whether they are +ev in or not.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Well im interested in both a stake and getting coached. I think I have potential and id like to play .5/1 1/2 and maybe more evenutally. I only have the hands since I moved to fulltilt cause my HD crashed but the stats were similar to that. you can see that I dont play that much hands but ill be able to play a bit more in the future( around 15-20k month maybe)

Old 09-02-2007, 12:29 PM

PM sent, holla
Old 09-02-2007, 12:38 PM

I was a limit play going no limit way. I must have won atleast 2k at nl25 (lol) and few buyins at nl50 (only few k hands but its the same game). I'm a bankroll nit.
If you wanna stake me for nl 100 that would be great (i dont need nor want it for less). I'm sure i can beat it and with a few guidelines its no brainer.

I'd play around 50k hands a month.

PT shots avaliable upon request.

Coaching also works.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:55 PM

...i definitely see some people with potential.
Closed Thread