Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Binion\'s news

I promised Gary that I would put out the word on some stuff going on at the B. They are trying hard to put Binion's back on the poker map. (Also posted at AVP.)

Binion's is trying really hard to get players into the poker room. Gary, the manager, is a nice guy and has a mandate from his bosses to do whatever it takes to make the room go.

Binions give $2/hr in comps.
Rakes on games other than $2/$4 are 5% with a max of $4. The 4/8 O8 game has a $2 max! (Wish I played O8.)

Starting March 1st, playing 60 hours during April and May gets you into a $10,000 Freeroll. 80 hours gets an additional 1000 starting chips (up from 2,000).

Starting Sat the 3rd, every 2 p.m tournament will be a $10,000 GUARANTEED prize pool. No minimum number of players entered. If 4 show up, Gary says, they can chop for $2500. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Buy in is $70 with a $40 rebuy/addon.

Finally, there will be a $1,000,000 tournament in connection the the Vegas Grand Prix. $500+$50 entry. Satellites on Sat and SuperSats on Tues. Tournament is April 7.

Binions is trying, guys. $2/hr in comps and 5% rakes are the best deal in Vegas. Hopefully, the games will pick up. It's far better than it was when I first came to town. Good reason to go downtown.

CJ
Old 03-02-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Binion\'s news

Excellent news, I might be heading down to binions today for a couple of hours to check it out.

How are the eateries in Binions? Just curious as I'd like to have something good to spend my comps on.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:53 PM

Wow - This is good. Binion's is still one of my favorite places play and with this news is seems to stepping in the right direction. I will be there this April - I can't wait!

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2007, 02:12 PM

Though I do respect the room for its history, and I have played there several times in the past (all LHE), I do not find myself finding a reason to return.

The last couple of times I was downtown, I played in the new Golden Nugget room.

Though the Nugget is the same way (uncapped), I prefer a capped buy in NL game (300-500), which neither the Nugget or Binions offers.

Overall, there are just not enough reasons for me to go downtown. I like the action, the overall room quality, and the comfort of the Strip rooms more, plain and simple.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:25 PM

FWIW, Binions recently renovated.

While nothing earth shattering, they have new hardwood floors in areas, new carpeting, new fixtures.

For food options, there is pretty much just the snackbar and the coffee shop. But both are pretty good.

In the past the comp was just written out for a max of $8 regardless of hours.

Are the new comps good for use at the steak house?

I'd play there if they get the $10-20 and $15-30 going again. It would be nice to have another place with those limits. I was able to play a $10-20 there about a year and a half ago, but it broke pretty quickly after I sat down.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, Binions recently renovated.

While nothing earth shattering, they have new hardwood floors in areas, new carpeting, new fixtures.

For food options, there is pretty much just the snackbar and the coffee shop. But both are pretty good.

In the past the comp was just written out for a max of $8 regardless of hours.

Are the new comps good for use at the steak house?

I'd play there if they get the $10-20 and $15-30 going again. It would be nice to have another place with those limits. I was able to play a $10-20 there about a year and a half ago, but it broke pretty quickly after I sat down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the comps, whether there is a max or where you can use them.

I'd be interested in a slightly higher limit game as well. The last couple of times I've been there, the 4/8 game rocked.

***APOLOGY COMING****

I didn't mean this as spam, all. They've just got some things going on that I thought would be of interest to a few folks. The guaranteed tournament could be sweet, and the $2 rake is great.

I'm sorry if this came across badly. I'm not affliated with Binion's in any way, shape or form, and frankly don't play there very often. I'm a part of the Wed Poker Discussion Group that meets in the backroom of the coffee shop. Gary comes by once and awhile to tell us what's going on. I told him I'd pass it along.

Hope that helps.

CJ
Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 PM

You are right Catcus Jack, The Binions game is the best 4/8 game in town. Best rake, and comps. And the locals are not very good at all.

I am heading out next week. Hoping the sit at the game with Shadow once again.

Mark in Kansas City