Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Wynn 4/8 How bad is this fold?

[ QUOTE ]
influenced by (very) minor tilt

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-28-2007, 05:20 PM

Feels more like a check raise semi bluff to me.

I call here, and check/call down.

If I muck, I *certainly* don't show KK to the whole table, letting them know I fold KK for one small bet in an HU situation.

But I'm personally never folding KK here. In fact I'm 3 betting some players in some cases. I suppose if I know the player really well, and I can put him on a hand that beats me, then I could fold.

Instead of showing KK, I'm more likely to say "that's what I get for bluffing with pocket dueces".

AB
Old 01-28-2007, 08:45 PM

Your technique is terrible. Try not to flip your wrist so much as you muck, so your cards stay face down. Take an extra second to control yourself, then lay it down nice and smooth like. Your results will improve.

Then you can work on step 2... NOT FOLDING THE NUTS. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

good luck.
Eric
Old 01-28-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depending on the player, I would probably call the flop and attempted a raise on the turn. You must at least see a turn card. Then flipping your cards over is a HUGE mistake as it shows all your opponents that you can be run over. You probably should leave the table at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine to let your opponents know you can be run over, as long as it isn't true. If OP changes his play after showing this laydown, this table could become quite profitable.

good luck.
Eric
Old 01-28-2007, 10:49 PM

Thanks for the advice. I agree with much of it absolutely. Some might be situational. I should have reraised, and would have in hindsight. However, I'm fairly certain I was behind.

Guys at this level do not check/raise as much as they do in NL. Usually when they c/r, they've got something pretty big. If he was c/r bluffing, then it was an accidental move.

And it was the last hand I was playing, so no big deal. However, I'd be quite happy for anything to think they can run over me. They're in for a big surprise, at some point.

Again, just confirming I'm a moron. Thanks for the help.

CJ
Old 01-29-2007, 02:16 PM

Pretty bad.

I call flop, and raise any turn that doesnt make a 4 card straight. I prob fold turn if the guy 3 bets, if he isnt LAGGY.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:29 PM

Urrgghh, this is bad.

I 3-bet here and slow down to a cap. The board would have to continue to get scary for me to find a fold against loose/horrible players.

Please don't fold, and don't fold this face up. You're begging people to take shots at you.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:12 AM

Funny story, related, from Caesars Palace last night.

Same KK hand in LP. Flop comes middle cards, all spades. EP caller bets out. This guy had shortly before cracked my AA when he rivered a straight and I got my set. He's terrible, on a rush, and has thus infuriating smirk when he drags a pot he didn't deserve. He thinks he knows how to play.

So I call his bet on the flop. I really, really wanted to pop it, but if he'd re-raised me, I'd have a tough decision.

He bets the brick on the turn and I call.

Ace [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comes on the river, he checks and I check behind. Again, I know it's weak, but I cannot bet into this board with no spade at all.

He says he has no spade at all and mucks his hand when he sees my KK (doing his usual slow roll, he doesn't show his garbage hand he thought was good). He was behind the whole time. I'm thinking of the hand I posted the whole time.

This makes my fold even worse, but I made some money back on this one. It's not easy playing against these bozos, but profitable.

Card dead and stuck almost a hundred, I came back to finish with a modest $37 profit for 3 hours. Most of the comeback was made with aggression and table image--two things that most think are not in play at 4/8 tables.

Despite the previous hand, guys, I can play. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CJ
Old 01-30-2007, 06:09 PM

3 BETS. hes trying to take control of the hand with his A8. if he bets out on the turn its an easy fold.