Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Poker in the Rear - Photos

I run a (usually) weekly cash game with monthly tournaments. This week's tourney saw 29 people. Cold weather capacity is 35, but when it gets warm out I plan to build it up to 45 or so. People love money, and more poeple means mo' money. I try to play in these, but with running everything and dealing with all the stupid little questions and problems, it's a wonder I do as well as I do (usuaully finishing high up, cashing every now and again). The smoke and the drink likely have something to do with my only barely acceptable performance, but we try to ignore that.

We're in an old detached garage converted to a play room (there are side rooms and a bathroom), with an adjacent open patio area. Here are photos! These link to larger versions. A few more in the full set.

I also do league standings on the off-chance anyone's interested in that. Combination of position, cash, and eliminations executed. Just for laffs.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Poker in the Rear - Photos

cool man, i'm waiting for my leagues to get started up
Old 02-16-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Poker in the Rear - Photos

I can't wait for my league to grow up, just like yours!

Nice picks!

P [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2007, 04:20 PM

Default shameless plug

If you're not a website designer, or if u are and you'd like to save time, use my site to manage your league: www.homepokertour.com

It works with Dr. Neau's tournament manager and you can upload your photos too.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Your chips

Be careful using those generic chips. Those are easily obtained online and in stores. Someone might import a few black chips to give them an advantage.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Your chips

you're awesome for keeping those stats...your homegame would be one that i would never miss, if for no other reason than i wouldn't want to drop in the standings!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:34 AM

Thanks for the nice words! It took a lot of time and love to massage the game up to where it is now. When it's warm out I also plan on a bigger buy-in all-afternoon deep stack thing (with better food, too).

stevea, I haven't used that, I'll give it a look. I do know a thing or two about web design, but right now I just use evite for setting them up. It works well, and I design them to match the custom interface I made for Dr. Neau's (new design for this season, which will ultimately be complemented by new chip labels... anyone know of a good place to get those?). But that site looks slick... I'll look into using it, thanks.

HRFats, yeah, early on I was nervous because a 1k chip and a couple smaller chips went missing. However, they must've just gotten dropped and lost under something deep in the garage, because they've never returned. I use racks and know that I'm good at the end of the night. If some go missing again or show up again, I'll get concerned, but that's another reason for getting some newer chips (nexgen) and labels. That, and so I have different chips for tourney and cash.

wiper, thanks, I like when others appreciate that. I think it's great fun to look at, and I think I've worked up a decent ranking system. It does make the tournament a bit difficult to run while playing. I'm going to try to find someone trustworthy to handle running the software and taking cash for next time, otherwise I'll just have to stop playing. I enjoy running and hosting, and I do well enough in the cash games, but even still, I wanna play in the tourneys. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2007, 03:13 AM

Wish I knew 40 people that played poker!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(new design for this season, which will ultimately be complemented by new chip labels... anyone know of a good place to get those?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out www.chiptalk.net for label links.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM

stevea,

not sure if its your site, but it's a hell of an idea. I haven't dug around it too much but what it says it offers is pretty cool.

So far most of the 'find a game near you' sites don't do too well IMO. I'm here it Atlanta and have yet to find a listing. Your site could easily bridge the gap the other sites have fallen short of. It looks well done, and has a lot of user benefits.

Are future plans to keep it free or eventually morph into a pay-for-premium setup?