Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: i am an embarrassment

i spend like 1700 dollars per month with rent being like 700 of that, i live with my gf as well. I couldn't spend 3k per month without trying very hard really.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i 1 table all the time, but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing 1 table is gay as hell.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHufXuh8smA
Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 PM

all,

you guys spend a lot of money. I spend $2k a month if I stayed in one spot. Including all my travel expenses and other non-normal [censored] I spend on average $3.5k per month. I also make over 10x that though. I can't imagine spending $3k per month if I made less than $6k... yikes!

duck,

New York doesn't count but still $8k is a lot woman [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

nation,

coach me?

seriously, i'd consider not playing poker anymore. Doesn't look like you are cut out for it.

all (again),

You guys need to save more money. It's amazing to me how many people appear to not put the great majority of their earnings into index funds or some other high-yielding investment.

idiot who didn't think inflation exists,

it does. you aren't retiring in 20 years on $50k/year. sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jfish,

I 1-2 table a decent amount as well.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all,

you guys spend a lot of money. I spend $2k a month if I stayed in one spot. Including all my travel expenses and other non-normal [censored] I spend on average $3.5k per month. I also make over 10x that though. I can't imagine spending $3k per month if I made less than $6k... yikes!

duck,

New York doesn't count but still $8k is a lot woman [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

nation,

coach me?

seriously, i'd consider not playing poker anymore. Doesn't look like you are cut out for it.

all (again),

You guys need to save more money. It's amazing to me how many people appear to not put the great majority of their earnings into index funds or some other high-yielding investment.

it does. you aren't retiring in 20 years on $50k/year. sorry to burst your bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

try reading next time rather than skimming. i know ur hourly rate is > 500/hr but if ur going to post actually try.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all,

duck,

nation,

coach me?

all (again),

[/ QUOTE ]

but you moved to south america.

i agree that people don't understand the value of money in the future, but i also think you take it to the complete extreme opposite
Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all,

duck,

nation,

coach me?

all (again),

[/ QUOTE ]

try reading next time rather than skimming. i know ur hourly rate is > 500/hr but if ur going to post actually try.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
1 $3,154.50
2 $15,316.96
3 $28,105.78
4 $41,553.23
5 $55,693.22
6 $70,561.42
7 $86,195.33
8 $102,634.39
9 $119,920.06
10 $138,095.95
11 $157,207.89
12 $177,304.09
13 $198,435.26
14 $220,654.67
15 $244,018.39
16 $268,585.33
17 $294,417.48
18 $321,579.98
19 $350,141.35
20 $380,173.63

@ 5.15% interest, contributing 12k/year through poker only.

edit: that's on the low side, compounded interest yearly. ING compounds interest monthly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss something here? Figure a real 2% per year and this changes a lot. Also, even if it was a real $400k, that is $16k/year to live on for the rest of your life. I guess it's possible but jesus.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

nation,

coach me?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow u may be a winning player, but ur sure are an [censored].

i've heard it's possible to improve at poker. or maybe u were born with a 200 iq and nobody should ever doubt u. lol who knows.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all,

duck,

nation,

coach me?

all (again),

[/ QUOTE ]

but you moved to south america.

i agree that people don't understand the value of money in the future, but i also think you take it to the complete extreme opposite

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm moving to Australia & Spain next year. Even with $2k/mo in rent, I won't be spending over $4k/mo in those countries living a decent lifestyle with lots of dining out and going out.