Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-30-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Pretty nice draw on flop vs 2 opponents

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($10.70)
SB ($3.60)
BB ($4.10)
UTG ($4.05)
MP ($14.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.45</font>, MP calls $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($1.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.65</font>, MP calls $0.65, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4.25 (All-In)</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($9.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($9.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $9.35

I look back on the hand and I'm not really sure if I played it correctly. Now clearly I missed my draws, but would calling here be better than raising big since I'm not really sure if I have much FE?

I put my villain on an Ace because I've seen him overbet with mid pairs and lower pairs so I put him here on a big enough hand worth slowing down for.

So going with that, would calling here be better since I'm expecting him to pay me off if a Q or heart comes? Rather than putting a chunk of my chips at risk on a draw with almost 0FE?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Pretty nice draw on flop vs 2 opponents

Regardless of results (obv) I smooth call and peel one off. You are three handed and no question that you are %50 at best in a three handed pot. Let's see a turn and go from there. The way played with the re raise you have to call.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:58 AM

I think calling the flop is the best option. the bets are small, and there is a big pot building that you have good equity in. HU i raise this all day, but in this situation i just call because of what happened here: there is a very good chance of getting reraised.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 AM

Raising the flop is fine, you have massive equity against anything and im more than happy to get it in there, add in some folding equity and raising is definitely a decent option.

Also fold preflop every time.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop is fine, you have massive equity against anything and im more than happy to get it in there, add in some folding equity and raising is definitely a decent option.

Also fold preflop every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh I like to play hands like KJ suited or QJ (almost any suited connector 56+) suited in position against raisers. I don't play them to hit a K or a J, I play them for the exact same flops that came up.

It's hands like these that I believe can stack an opponent, and I never get carried away if I happen to hit a pair rather than a big draw...
Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 AM

Its not good to call raises with K-Js and the like, your not going to flop big enough and stack people enough times for all the times your going to fold to cbets and the like. Its spew.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:21 AM

Even with more than one opponent playing? I don't do this all day but I like to play them if there are more people in the pot.

How would this differ if my opponent was a 20/15 player and I was holding 67suited in position? I'm not just going to fold here...
Old 11-30-2007, 02:40 AM

i just call the flop even if UTG has a bigger chip stack. with UTG short stacked i don't want to put him all-in so soon before i even make my hand and if UTG has more money, i don't want to risk getting re-raised.

if you have a little bit of a read on UTG, it might be useful to notice that he isn't betting to protect his top pair against a flush draw. if he has played poorly thus far i would assume he is likely to be loose (meaning you won't get him to fold his Aces with your raise...) all the more reason to just call and get the money in later when you make a hand...