Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Default i take a passive line with ak ... river over bet

all streets welcome .. i see people play this passive sometimes. dont think i can call the river but than i hear " my his is UR"

NO READS
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $103
UTG+1: $49.35
CO: $100
Button: $107.55
SB: $313
BB: $103.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($18, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $25</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: i take a passive line with ak ... river over bet

River is an easy call. I don't mind the flop check, sometimes I would raise turn. With no reads, I would just play the hand ABC standard - the reason to play it passive is because you have reads that make it more +ev than ABC.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River is an easy call. I don't mind the flop check, sometimes I would raise turn. With no reads, I would just play the hand ABC standard - the reason to play it passive is because you have reads that make it more +ev than ABC.

[/ QUOTE ]

point taken ...ty
Old 11-25-2007, 02:44 PM

nh. now call.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:45 PM

I like ur line and think it has merits in itself without its deception value. (allow villain to bluff, allow villain to catch up and call down 2 streets on turn and river because u seemed weak on flop, avoid playing for stacks on a dry board). Against calling stations obviously fire big on every street though. I'd prob raise the turn here, ur line looks sorta FOS, u get value from draws (lots of them on the turn r possible), u get value from worse aces or bluffcatchers cause of ur weird line and u get a better idea of where u stand. As for the river as played, u only beat a bluff IMO because its doubtful he is overbetting for value with a hand like aj or a10, so without having seen many overbets id prob muck but cause generally at 100nl ppl dont overbet bluff.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like ur line and think it has merits in itself without its deception value. (allow villain to bluff, allow villain to catch up and call down 2 streets on turn and river because u seemed weak on flop, avoid playing for stacks on a dry board). Against calling stations obviously fire big on every street though. I'd prob raise the turn here, ur line looks sorta FOS, u get value from draws (lots of them on the turn r possible), u get value from worse aces or bluffcatchers cause of ur weird line and u get a better idea of where u stand. As for the river as played, u only beat a bluff IMO because its doubtful he is overbetting for value with a hand like aj or a10, so without having seen many overbets id prob muck but cause generally at 100nl ppl dont overbet bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you play passively, you have to pay off bluffs. Hero looks weak, and villain is betting strongly. Often, that is a bluff, but without reads it is hard to know, which is why this line should be avoiding when you don't know the villain. Once you get to the river, you have to call most bets.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:57 PM

playing nonstd against w/o reads seems pretty silly
Old 11-25-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you play passively, you have to pay off bluffs. Hero looks weak, and villain is betting strongly. Often, that is a bluff, but without reads it is hard to know, which is why this line should be avoiding when you don't know the villain. Once you get to the river, you have to call most bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

call if u want, to me an overbet without overbetting history at 100nl isnt a bluff and I dont think he value overbets aj or a10, thats all it comes down to. If u think he could overbet bluff here or value bet worse then call. Against a normal bet id obviously call and if it was weak or player was very call stationy (wouldnt have played the hand up to then this way in that case but w/e) then id raise.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
playing nonstd against w/o reads seems pretty silly

[/ QUOTE ]

i just think about how i c bet a lot, but check A high flops pretty much when i have a hand like kk. so i wanted to check my made hand.... i see its not needed here
Old 11-25-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

call if u want, to me an overbet without overbetting history at 100nl isnt a bluff and I dont think he value overbets aj or a10, thats all it comes down to. If u think he could overbet bluff here or value bet worse then call. Against a normal bet id obviously call and if it was weak or player was very call stationy (wouldnt have played the hand up to then this way in that case but w/e) then id raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

more times than not i have found that over bets are made hands ...