Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: New TV Question

I thought it looked crappy in store, but bought it anyway because I heard that once you adjusted the settings and got a good signal, it looked great. Turned out to be very true in my case.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:02 AM

yeah, stores almost never have the settings right

they also will make the more expensive models look better by putting the right settings on them and incorrect settings on the cheaper tvs

they also many times don't even use an hd source and cabling to the tvs

etc etc
Old 11-20-2007, 10:51 AM

re: 720p vs. 1080p

I really don't see the big deal. I know it's great to debate technical specs and future proof and all, but the reality of the situation is that a good quality 720p/1080i picture looks very very good, and it will for a long time even when 1080p gets more maintstream. The majority of people probably can not tell the difference in 1080p and 720p on a 42". I've never once found myself watching a quality HD picture and thinking "damn, I wish I was watching this in 1080p". All I can think is "damn, this looks so damn good."
Old 11-20-2007, 09:43 PM

Damn Sears is cold blooded. I guess they sold a crap load of these, so many that you can't even order it now and they completely removed it from their website. Argh this sucks.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1080p's just not worth it unless you are really into HD-DVD/blu-ray but even then, you're not going to see a major difference on a 42" TV if you're sitting more than a few feet away from the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a common thing to say and is completely untrue, I see a major difference on a 26" 720p from 12 feet comparing DVD to HDDVD/Bluray. Not saying that makes it worth it but the difference is DEFINITELY there, only bias or poor vision could indicate otherwise.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1080p's just not worth it unless you are really into HD-DVD/blu-ray but even then, you're not going to see a major difference on a 42" TV if you're sitting more than a few feet away from the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a common thing to say and is completely untrue, I see a major difference on a 26" 720p from 12 feet comparing DVD to HDDVD/Bluray. Not saying that makes it worth it but the difference is DEFINITELY there, only bias or poor vision could indicate otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

u need to reread

we are saying a 1080p is not noticeable vs 1080i or 720p at <60" from any normal viewing distance

u are saying u notice a difference on ur 720p for hd vs non-hd

NOBODY will dispute that