Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Brag: Dr chose me for F&A conference. Beat: he chose me

wait, so you have a really bad case of turf toe?

edit: not to make fun of that or anything, i play A LOT on artificial turf and have seen a couple people through crap like this, just want to know if its the same thing.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, so you have a really bad case of turf toe?

edit: not to make fun of that or anything, i play A LOT on artificial turf and have seen a couple people through crap like this, just want to know if its the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, not turf toe. technically it is an edema in 3 bones (2 left sesamoids and 1 in the right foot).

Barron
Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM

UPDATE: (not that many care)

i just got back from the doctors and had 8 doctors (include mine) review my case and discuss options with me.

option 1) get back into an aircast.
option 2) get into a smaller version of an aircast.
option 3) remove inside sesamoid on left foot and hope outside sesamoid improves. if it doesn't, remove outside one on left foot and hope right sesapoid heals. if it doesn't remove that one.
option 4) radical option of drilling into all sesamoids and replacing the marrow w/ marrow from my hip in order to encourage normal blood flow.

after much consideration & debate, we're going w/ the option i'd like to call,option #3. the (highly unlikely) risk is that after both sesamoids are removed in left foot the toe will not be stable and joint will have to be fused. this is bad but will be "highly unlikely." other risks include the metatarsal head of my left big toe getting the same edema w/o the sesamoid shock absorbers. but i can wear a comfy orthotic for that.

so i have to schedule surgery and get that one removed. the doctor (mine) said that "this should get you through ski season" i.e. that i'll be able to ski [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

recovery is about a month and hopefully the non-surgically removed sesamoid will be better after the inside one is removed. if not, onward and upward.

Barron
Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 PM

sounds like a crappy beat.

gl
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like a crappy beat.

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag: best health insurance in the world!

Barron
Old 11-08-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i just got back from the doctors and had 8 doctors (include mine) review my case and discuss options with me.

option 3) remove inside sesamoid on left foot and hope outside sesamoid improves. if it doesn't, remove outside one on left foot and hope right sesapoid heals. if it doesn't remove that one.
option 4) radical option of drilling into all sesamoids and replacing the marrow w/ marrow from my hip in order to encourage normal blood flow.

after much consideration & debate, we're going w/ the option i'd like to call,option #3. the (highly unlikely) risk is that after both sesamoids are removed in left foot the toe will not be stable and joint will have to be fused. this is bad but will be "highly unlikely." other risks include the metatarsal head of my left big toe getting the same edema w/o the sesamoid shock absorbers. but i can wear a comfy orthotic for that.

so i have to schedule surgery and get that one removed. the doctor (mine) said that "this should get you through ski season" i.e. that i'll be able to ski [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

recovery is about a month and hopefully the non-surgically removed sesamoid will be better after the inside one is removed. if not, onward and upward.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck and have fun skiing.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck and have fun skiing.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, craziest sh*t is though that i was able to ski (but not walk) in march 2007...started on killington's greens and blues for like 2-3 runs, then back to blacks and by the afternoon of the first day i was probably 90% of my old self on the double blacks (the other 10% was the jumping...don't wanna risk that)...

it just flared up immensely while i've been interviewing for a new job (all the extra walking etc.)

thanks,
Barron
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM

ugh, this sounds pretty miserable, not to mention the pain you've been in already.

gl Barron
Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh, this sounds pretty miserable, not to mention the pain you've been in already.

gl Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. i definitely appreciate your kind thoughts. i'm gunna try to get the surgery this coming thursday so i can start healing over hte thanksgiving/christmas (chanukah) break and be skiing in january where i've had some great luck w/ conditions in VT. i'm a little worried given the lack of expected precipitation in the next month/month and a half. but typically january/late december produces enough (combined w/ manmande) for at least a 50" base and a high % of open trails w/ little ice. anyways, i'm at least glad to be THINKING along those lines again rather than "f*ck, another missed season"

Barron