Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Your gaming backlog

good topic

[ QUOTE ]
good topic.

I still need to buy Saint's Row, and probably Assassin's Creed next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would skip saint's row. I bought it a couple months ago, played it for a couple hours and it hasn't left the box since. I dont know if its just that its an unfunny, less fun version of GTA, or maybe i need to play it more, but with everything else thats out/coming out I don't know if its worth it.

As for me, Im about 2 hours into Bioshock, oblivion and Half Life 2 (never played HL2 on PC so starting from the beginning of the orange box). Throw in franchise play for MLB 2k7, NHL08 and the obligatory Halo 3 and GH2 and I dont know why I even need to get Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Skate, GH3 etc. but I will soon enough.

In conclusion, video games are fun
Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 PM

Oh, good God do I have a backlog. That has been the one big downside of finding poker. When I do have time I tend to play stupid virtual console or simple online games because trying to make it through 30+ strategy/rpgs is so intimidating.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:57 PM

Pretty much my only backlog that I plan on someday playing is Bioshock. I bought it, then got NHL and Skate and have played a season and a quarter of NHL and beat all of Skate and haven't returned.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 PM

Games that I actually own now:

- Zelda: Oracle of Ages (actually this is borrowed - I'm up to the final dungeon but have not played it in over a year). After I'm done I have to go back to Oracle of Seasons (already finished) to beat the super-duper bad guy so that both games are joined together and "complete".
- Fallout
- Baldur's Gate (this is one that may fall through the cracks forever)
- Ultima Collection I-VIII - Have beaten I and 0, am at the last dungeon in II but need to level up.
- Paper Mario (64). My current game, halfway through, will get finished without a problem
- NBA Live '98 - Up 2-0 on the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals (as the Knicks). Went 81-1, 48 minute games.
- NBA Live '99 - Will I continue the torture that I've put myself through since '95 and do a full 82 game season with 12 minute quarters?
- NFL Gameday '97 - Is considered one of the best football games ever. I've played a few exhibition games and do not do well. I think eventually I'll play a season, football isn't as brutal as the NBA.
- NFL Gameday '98 - Ditto.
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
- Quest for Glory Collection I-IV
- Lost Treasures of Infocom - Huge collection of old text adventure games. Decent chance I'll eventually get through all of these, but almost certainly with walkthroughs.
- Lost Adventures of Legend - In-between text and graphical adventures. I've beaten Eric the Unready and there's about half a dozen more.
- Conquer the Universe - Yet another rare collection that includes X-Com, X-Com 2, Master of Magic, and Master of Orion. These have all appeared on IGN's Top 100 lists so I really should get to them some day.
- Warcraft 1 - 1-3 levels left on the Orc campaign, Human is complete.
- The Dig
- Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh - Pirated. I love those cheesy mid-90's FMV games.
- Star Control 1 & 2
- Alone in the Dark 2 - If I get a hankering for huge polygons some day.

That's all I can think of for now, but I know there are more. I left out some random crap that I have no intention of playing, such as a Griffey game for N64.

I really should play through all of those rare collections I have, because they probably will fetch a hefty sum on eBay. I was baller in the late '90's.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:59 PM

It's funny, I have so much trouble letting go of a game! I keep a game just 'cause i think it's a classic but I'll never play it again!

Atm the only ones I'm playing are:

Trying to complete FFXII
Started Skate on PS3
Still haven't finished Bully on PS2
Red Steel on Wii
The F.E.A.R expansion pack (can't remember the name) on PC
Oblivion on PC, got close to finishing but keep getting sidetracked by poker while on my computer.
Plus I'm hopelessly trying to finish a season on Tiger Woods 07 on Wii, but not getting anywhere.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 PM

Junt, don't let Fallout and Baldur's Gate fall through the cracks...they're two of the best, if not the best, RPGs ever made.

Seriously, I imagine I've played and beaten every major title for PC in the last 10 years and those two are top five, likely 1 and 2 actually.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:43 AM

Don't have a backlog yet, at least as far as buying a game is concerned. I AM going to play Oblivion this weekend, which will take away from PQ and Halo3. I really want to get Mass Effect in 2 weeks(?).
Old 11-07-2007, 01:53 AM

Super Paper Mario - I got lost in the Whoa Zone and haven't come back to it yet.
Metroid Prime 3 - I just can't motivate myself to kill Mogenar, because it's yet another endless boss battle that and I don't think I have the patience for this one.
Stranglehold - I got distracted by other games and haven't gotten back to it.
Bioshock - I haven't even played the demo yet, and I'm deeply ashamed by this.
San Andreas - I'm 99.9% of the way through the plot, but I just haven't gone back to finish off the final fight.
Half Life Ep. 1 - I'm maybe 2/3rds of the way through and making steady progress
Old 11-07-2007, 02:44 AM

Suikoden III
God of War
God of War II
Dragon Quest VIII
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V

-----------

I swear, I will beat these games someday.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Conquer the Universe - Yet another rare collection that includes X-Com, X-Com 2, Master of Magic, and Master of Orion. These have all appeared on IGN's Top 100 lists so I really should get to them some day.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original X-Com is incredibly good. X-Com 2 is decent but not quite there.

[ QUOTE ]
- Warcraft 1 - 1-3 levels left on the Orc campaign, Human is complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, cool to see someone is still playing the first Warcraft. It was a great game, and I really like that you could build walls and construct yourself a sort of castle that way. It's something that I really missed in WC2, even though I loved that game to death.