Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Your gaming backlog

Stuff I'd like to finish or play for the first time that I own or will very soon.

Preordered:

Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
Kane & Lynch
CoD 4
Crysis

Like 15 others.

Currently own for PC and have not yet played...

Indigo Prophecy
Company of Heros
Entire Total War Series
Supreme Commander
Command and Conquer III
Alien Versus Predator Series
Call of Cthulu
The Witcher
Vampire Bloodlines
Vampire Redemption
Command and Conquer Generals

Currently own for XBOX 360/PS3/Wii/DS/PSP but have not yet played -

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
Psi Ops
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Entire Resident Evil Series (Sans 4 and one handheld game)
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Rainbow Six Vegas
Farcry Predator
Condemned Criminal Origins
Lord of the Rings The First age
Half-Life
7 Assorted Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon Games

Stuff I don't own yet but intend to play -

Entire Zelda Series
Entire Metroid Series
Ninja Gaiden Series
Metal Gear Solid Series
God of War Series
Final Fantasy Series
Manhunt 2
Call of Juarez
Crackdown
Hellgate: London

Etc, Etc. Plus I've been revisting some cool games like Hitman Series, KOTOR, and Fallout in recent months. Also currently making my way through Halo III for a second time, shoulda just done legendary to begin with.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:57 AM

Eventually gonna play:

Mass Effect
Halo 3
Orange Box (still haven't played HL 2)
Assassin's Creed
CoD4
Kane and Lynch

I'd like to play the Witcher and Crysis but I'm not gonna upgrade my PC

Just started Bioshock
Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 AM

Eternal Sonata - maybe about third of the way through
Test Drive Unlimited - have a few more achievements to get before 1000

Will probably go back to FF12 at some point, but I hated the battle system and characters so doubt I'll bother.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will probably go back to FF12 at some point, but I hated the battle system and characters so doubt I'll bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm coming back to it after not liking it initially and I'm really enjoying it now. I'm going back and making sure I have all the spells, max armor/weapons, and gambits. Kind of a bitch, but it's gonna be worth it... I hope...
Old 11-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Metroid 3 - About to start the last boss
Heavenly Sword - Gonna rent this as soon as I finish Metroid.
Warhawk - Unopened
Ratchet and clank future - Unopened
Getting CoD4 and Galaxy when they come out. And then there's Assassin's Creed, Unchartered Drake's Fortune, and Haze before year's end. Plus I need to play a bunch of older games I missed out on since I hadn't owned a real console since Dreamcast.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 PM

TF2-The only game I play right now other than Poker.
Halo 3-Takes a huge backseat.
Madden 2008-Sitting on it, play it from time to time.

Waiting for:

Starcraft 2-Will probally unseat TF2 when it does come out.
Crysis-My buddy says how awesome it will be, guess I'll need a new comp.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:03 PM

PC:
I have been switching off between CoD2 and TF2. TF2 is awesome but I cant get it to load all the time.
Portal - beat it
HL2 - I got about half way through, and then lost all my saved game progress. I hated the bug hive, and cant get myself to go back through it yet.
Company of Heros - Im about 3/4 of the way thorugh i think
Falcon 4.0 - the hardest god damn flight sim ever. I am only decent, but for some reason I just keep trying, and trying, and trying.

XBox 360:
Tiger Woods 08 - I am at about 50% of my skills
Halo3 - I play multi player sometimes
Medal of Honor - dont play really at all
Old 11-06-2007, 02:00 PM

I mainly play Forza 2 and Battlefield online multiplayer. I don't like Halo 3 as much.

Backlog consists of Gears of War and Perfect Dark Zero (loved the way this game plays on the demo).
Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How'd you like Eternal Sonata?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't crazy about it, really. I liked the first Baten Kaitos a lot so I thought I would enjoy this since it had a similar feel, but my biggest complaint is that it was just way, way too linear. There are basically no sidequests. It also seemed like it might have been rushed to market or something. There were huge areas where you'd wander way off the beaten path hoping to find some cool item or something and you'd get nothing. Just...nothing. And you're saying "why did they bother making this area so big!?"

The little score piece mini-game collection thing was ok, but you have to play the game twice in order to satisfy all the 'performers' (that is, you get score pieces later in the game to match earlier people's note charts). And I hated that it didn't keep track of which note charts you'd matched up, so you had to have a really good memory or basically play every chart every time you found someone.

All that aside, the combat was very cool, very innovative and a lot of fun to do. It was enough to carry me through and get me to finish the game, but I don't see myself playing it again (unless I decide I really want xbox achievement points, since the overwhelming majority are given out on the second playthrough).
Old 11-06-2007, 03:06 PM

I'm the worst at this. Usually I get a game and stick to it for a solid year at least, playing it like crazy. RTS's are my favorite, and the good ones are nearly infinitely replayable when you take them online. So I get into a game and love it but will still buy great sounding new games and maybe never even play them. Probably done this with well over a dozen games, easy, probably closer to 20.

More recent examples:
-- I bought dungeon siege and have never installed it.
-- I bought Supreme Commander but it's too demanding for my system. GIANT fan of Total Annihilation and I was dreaming of this game for years -- oh well. By the time I get a system good enough, the online community will probably have died off. *sigh* New expansion -- won't buy.
-- I bought Company of Heroes and LOVED it. Played it a bunch against the computer, got distracted by work and never got back to it. Shame, because I really loved this game. I even like it against the computer, and I usually don't like games that way. Would like to go back to it again.
-- Dawn of War and expansion pack -- Played this a bunch against computer, games online never quite got going. Online community filled with screeching nutcase kids, hard to get a game going worth being in. Wouldn't mind going back, probably never will.

The only thing I'm playing now is Diablo 2, a game I didn't like much when it first came out long ago, because the setting and music are more drab than the original Diablo. Now I am really liking it because the commitment you have to make to really getting good, like you would with a RTS or FPS, is very small. And it's very easy to play for 15 minutes at a time or 5 hours, whatever. One of the best games to dip in and out of casually that I've played. Relaxing and easy on the time schedule.