Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: 11 million dollar verdict against Fred Phelps

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure about the legal aspect of this, but couldnt it be possible for the government (or whoever deals with this) to put up a "no-protesting-area" inside a 1000 feet radius of the church for a few hours while the funeral is going on? Or are anyone allowed to have an organized protest wherever whenever they feel like?

I think there should be a way to keep those [censored] out of the way during the funeral, and if they feel it is important to protest they can do that somewhere away from the place where the funeral is taking place

[/ QUOTE ]

Congress passed a law dealing with Federal funerals recently, and many states have similar laws. I know in Washington State, any protestor must stay at least 500 feet from the funeral.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:13 AM

Unfortunatly the police were there people not to happy about Phelps
Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunatly the police were there people not too happy about Phelps

[/ QUOTE ]

Down where I live the Klan is still active, and I've known several officers assigned to work the protest when the Klan exercises their 1st Amendment rights to speak on the courthouse steps who've "had miscommunications" or "lost radio contact" during the protests and didn't seem to realize a violent incident was occuring. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Down where I live the Klan is still active, and I've known several officers assigned to work the protest when the Klan exercises their 1st Amendment rights to speak on the courthouse steps who've "had miscommunications" or "lost radio contact" during the protests and didn't seem to realize a violent incident was occuring. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, public employees neglecting their duty to protect the rights and safety of citizens is cool. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, public employees neglecting their duty to protect the rights and safety of citizens is cool. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. It is not the duty of Law Enforcement officials to "protect the safety" of anyone.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:54 AM

My thoughts are only with the family of this courageous marine, who, although severely discriminated by a lot of his own society still did his/her job regardless of the lack of moral clout of his/her commander-in-chief.

The morans protesting at his/her funeral are the types of morans that makes me ashamed of my country being an ally of the USA.

My deepest respect to the marine!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. It is not the duty of Law Enforcement officials to "protect the safety" of anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Why do they have to "lose radio contact" then?

edited to add: Isn't "to protect and serve" like the motto of police officers?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Why do they have to "lose radio contact" then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you do have a duty to stop it IF YOU SEE IT.

Obviously, they couldn't see it if they were across the street at the coffee shop, leaving one officer on watch who lost radio contact, and was unable to find a tactical solution to the altercation, so he had to "run" across the street to get the other officers to back him up, at which point the fight had dispersed.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts are only with the family of this courageous marine, who, although severely discriminated by a lot of his own society still did his/her job regardless of the lack of moral clout of his/her commander-in-chief.

The morans protesting at his/her funeral are the types of morans that makes me ashamed of my country being an ally of the USA.

My deepest respect to the marine!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it, are you saying marines are discriminated against in the USA? Or are you saying that he was black? Or that he was gay? (If the latter, you should know that these people protest any military funeral, and site the reason of death as the USA being supportive of homosexuals...I don't think this marine was actually a homosexual)
Old 11-01-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that tiny group that almost everyone in the US hates certainly make US a bad ally. And the thousands of pedhophiles in australia is obviously representative for that nation, so its a shame that any nation is willing to have reltions with Australia.

Scumbags are found everywhere, and if you feel that a tiny group that is hated within the US represents the nation then you are just retarded.