Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: More Joe Biden racial views

[ QUOTE ]
These campaigns are 24/7. It's just not possible to speak that often without putting your foot in your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is it that when I put my foot in my mouth (and let no one say this doesn't happen), I have the ability to be a jackass without also being a racist jackass?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except that's not what Biden said. Removing the extraneous "Iowa has less blacks than DC" part, this is what he actually said:

[ QUOTE ]
There's less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American...it goes back to what you start off with, what you're dealing with."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not merely "blacks are less able to afford good education". It's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

These campaigns are 24/7. It's just not possible to speak that often without putting your foot in your mouth.
If every candidate were required to clarify every statement, nothing would ever be said. It would take forever to explain any position.
We should cut these candidates some slack.

[/ QUOTE ]

GWB puts his foot in his mouth more than any individual in human history, and he doesn't say stuff like this.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why is it that when I put my foot in my mouth (and let no one say this doesn't happen), I have the ability to be a jackass without also being a racist jackass?

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't all agree that it was a racist statement.
We do all agree that it was a politically incorrect statement.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't all agree that it was a racist statement.
We do all agree that it was a politically incorrect statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

And we should all agree that if a Republican said this the MSM would be all over it and the House would be passing a "non-binding resolution condemning racism"
Old 10-26-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except that's not what Biden said. Removing the extraneous "Iowa has less blacks than DC" part, this is what he actually said:

[ QUOTE ]
There's less than 1 percent of the population of Iowa that is African American...it goes back to what you start off with, what you're dealing with."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not merely "blacks are less able to afford good education". It's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

If every candidate were required to clarify every statement, nothing would ever be said. It would take forever to explain any position.
We should cut these candidates some slack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no. This isn't your church picnic election, this is for [censored] president of the United States. Everything the winner says will be heard by millions of people for 4 years. Not saying stupid stuff is a big part of the job.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And we should all agree that if a Republican said this the MSM would be all over it and the House would be passing a "non-binding resolution condemning racism"

[/ QUOTE ]

When Cynthia McKinney said it, the MSM and the House were both all over her, to the point where she managed to lose a *primary* in a district custom tailored for her to win. This is getting no press because Joe Biden is a non-candidate, just like Ron Paul's slow-footedness is getting no press because he's a non-candidate, too.

(Caveat: Fox really *does* seem to ignore Paul on purpose, lol.)