Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Official Inaugural POG POET LAUREATE - AARONK!!!!

Awesome job, Aaron - back-to-back keepers for the family K for sure .... well-deserved!

Thanks for running Nich ... was a lot more fun than I thought it would be (super-duper controversy coming up) ... see? Nich's games CAN finish!

Back to the SCANDAL!!! OMG!!!

I am glad I didn't win because as I said last round, most of my stuff was about average ... I liked a couple of my peoms, but none really all that much ... Anyway, I am a cheater and a fraud. How, you might ask. Well, it goes a little something like this: (and if anyone complains about this they need help, lots of it) ...

Round 1: Antidan is eliminated. He was obviously more into this than I and seemed like he would have a ton more fun as it went on. Plus, it seemed like a POG-dominated theme was going to be the course ... and Dan has been here a while and has more connections with other posters. I'm just some guy who has played a few WW games and argued with a couple of people. .... So I came up with a brilliant idea for Round 2. I sent Dan a PM something to the effect of, hey, you'll have more fun in this thing than I would, so why don't I be your ghostwriter? You write up a Round 2 poem and I'll submit it as mine. He agreed and I thought it would be hilarious if he could go on to win the whole thing and then I could say SURPRISE! hahaha ... some complaining and arguing and general hilarity ensues blah blah blah.

Well, Dan's poem won Round 2 outright. Yep, first place, so congrats to him! For Round 3 he said he was struggling to come up with something and I spit out a Brandi poem that I thought was pretty good .. it was tabbed as "off-topic" by quite a few voters, so, meh, maybe I missed the mark ... but I advanced and then kind of got into the process and Dan was retired with a perfect 1-0 record as the bojtun fake.

I hope Dan doesn't mind me spilling the beans ...it's just that I found it highly entertaining that he was "trying too hard" .. then was eliminated Round 1, then won Round 2 with me as a ghostwriter...

Thanks again for running Nich.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:53 PM

I don't mind, but given I really only did anything that one week I think I deserve like 0.000001% of the credit here.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:54 PM

Also, the poem you spit out that final round was WAY beyond anything I could do.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:08 PM

zomg cheeterz [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]