Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 11:41 PM

Default NHL Futures (involving teams who have yet to open the season)

I've never really been one to document/post picks but I figured I'd do so here.

Generally speaking, I'm not a big fan of futures for the reasons most ppl aren't. Also, I'm not really a fan of betting hockey (even though I love the sport), just b/c it's such a [censored] to model relative to other sports.

However, I'm pretty confident I found some errant lines on Carib. I can explain my methodology for predicting season point totals if anyone cares, otherwise let's just get to the picks.

WASHINGTON - OVER 77.5 pts
PHOENIX - UNDER 71.5 pts
FLORIDA - OVER 84.5 pts
ATLANTA - UNDER 92.5 pts

I bet these on Carib and the max bet is only $300 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] You can bet the same lines on Bodog up to $600, but no canucks allowed there, blah.

Word of warning - I pushed all these lines out to -125 betting the max, sorry.

Anyone who is on Bookmaker - I would also suggest hitting up Washington 15:1 to win the southeast for a nibble sized bet. IMO the true line should be ~7-8:1. FYI SIA has it at 9:1.

For anyone betting daily NHL gamelines, I would suggest really following the # penalty calls/game in the early going to see how tight the game is called. It will have an impact on over/unders and regulation time wins. The offence in this league is so power-play driven it's ridiculous (NHL defensive systems is a rant for another time and another forum)
Old 10-03-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: NHL Futures (involving teams who have yet to open the season)

Florida o 84.5? yikes,, I know the amount of divisional games, and their division eats,, but still...

edit: I think you are reaching with Washington as well. Nylander is not the answer to this team
Old 10-04-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: NHL Futures (involving teams who have yet to open the season)

Florida's goaltending is miles better than the Auld/Belfour tandem last year, so I also like the over on that one. I also am on Buffalo over 94.5, NYR under 104.5, and Philly under 92.5.