Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 10-04-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul Raises Over 5 Million In 3rd QTR

[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't he do a funds transfer to a U.S. friend he trusts then have that person donate to Ron Paul?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. You are not allowed to donate money to a campaign if you got the money from someone. If you are a foreign citizen, you may not donate to US campaigns, period.

About the Tucker Carlson piece, I think that kind of the thing is the #1 reason minor candidates need to raise money: credibility. You're not going to be taken seriously if they think you have no shot and they're not going to think you have a shot without money. Any money Paul raises is worth double in free media exposure as a result.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't he do a funds transfer to a U.S. friend he trusts then have that person donate to Ron Paul?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. You are not allowed to donate money to a campaign if you got the money from someone. If you are a foreign citizen, you may not donate to US campaigns, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you are China and the US campaign is Bill Clinton's. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
VERY favorable little tidbit just appeared on "Tucker" on MSNBC. They mentioned his $5 mil, and talked about how he only has $5.2 on hand and that he returns everything he doesn't spend or something (sort of missed that part).

Then they talked about him having enough of an impact that he might be a spoiler in Iowa, and Tucker referred to him as "the real thing" and said he admired him.

I used to think Tucker Carlson was a dickbag when he was on Crossfire, but I've been watching him recently and I think he is maybe the most palatable cable news person out there. His show focuses more on the "politics of politics" than on the knee-jerky stuff. I'll try to dig up the youtube clip later, if it appears. Nothing too special, but this is the second day in a row Tucker talked about him. And that's pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea hes still a little too conservative for me as far as the issues, but i like his show better then most.