Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 09-22-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Why isn\'t BluffThis banned?

This guy constantly purposefully ruins threads and heaps negativity on the forums.

Sure seems like he's a huge net negative for the forums, which was the rationale given for RJ's ban a while back.

This is not a huge issue for me, just something I see a lot and was reminded of bigtime today reading the Best of OOT thread in ATF.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Why isn\'t BluffThis banned?

He is really important to the Legislation forum, his insight and predictions have been uncannily accurate and he singlehandedly forced the PPA to change its activities to benefit us all.

Besides you in your forum I can't think of any other poster on 2+2 who is as valuable to a specific forum as he is. Popularity is not a good reason to ban someone, no doubt he is abrasive, but the good outweighs the bad IMHO.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:21 PM

I haven't followed his history, though I'm aware he's unpopular. One think I do remember is he was the first to call BS when Brandi first posted her "poor me" version of events.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:32 PM

I generally have no problem with Bluff. Maybe because he makes me feel smarter by taking really lame stances in threads. I am however annoyed that I let him drag me into wrecking that ATF thread with his terrible logic and mistimed NT! bashing (I mean, there's obviously a time and a place to bash that dill-hole but that clearly wasn't it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

As for his non-ATF value, I have no clue and defer to TT's opinion.

A weird thing happened in that thread though: daryn said he isn't annoyed by BluffTHIS!? I thought basically everything annoyed daryn, and now one of the most annoying posters in history comes along and he's not bothered by him? Is that like multiplying negative one by negative one or something?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:57 AM

he's a big trolly douche and should be banned, imo
Old 09-23-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is really important to the Legislation forum, his insight and predictions have been uncannily accurate and he singlehandedly forced the PPA to change its activities to benefit us all.

Besides you in your forum I can't think of any other poster on 2+2 who is as valuable to a specific forum as he is. Popularity is not a good reason to ban someone, no doubt he is abrasive, but the good outweighs the bad IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, at one point he was arguably a great contributor to the omaha forum, fwiw.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:53 AM

he is basically terrible in every thread i have ever seen. i don't read the legislation forum.

we have always said that posters shouldn't get a pass because they are good in a particular forum, and i think that applies to bluffthis. posters who are smart enough to walk that fine line just short of getting banned, but are still determined to wreak havoc and cause negativity and troll to the max where it is permitted, are really damaging IMO.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
posters who are smart enough to walk that fine line just short of getting banned, but are still determined to wreak havoc and cause negativity and troll to the max where it is permitted, are really damaging IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems as if his havoc and negativity is magnified by the existing hate a few key posters have for him (I know you two don't get along, I am not singling you out - this is a general observation). BT fights back when they attack him, and the same happens in reverse because he attacks them as well. If BT was banned for this then we would have to ban the guys he fights with too... and i think thats a mistake. Poker Bob is a great example, he keeps attacking BT and it becomes a vicious circle. I love PB, if BT went then he would take down a group of other posters who are popular and respected (I admit not everyone gets PB's humor but he is popular and respected).

[ QUOTE ]
we have always said that posters shouldn't get a pass because they are good in a particular forum, and i think that applies to bluffthis

[/ QUOTE ]

This is different, his work has been important to 2+2 as a whole. Name another poster on 2+2 who fights for the industry, fights for your right to play poker, fights to change the board of directors on the PPA, etc. He isn't just important to the Legislation forum, he is important to every online poker player and 99.99999% of them don't even know who he is. You should read the Leg forum, he does great work, I can guarantee you that the PPA knows exactly who he is because he has singlehandedly forced them to change and be accountable for their actions.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:51 AM

I'm a Bluff fan. The stuff he posts has always been smart in every forum he contributes to. He was a great contributor in Omaha and Politics when he posted a lot in those forums.

However, he does have some drawbacks: he can't make a point and let it go, he has this compulsive need to be right to the point that he'll pursue his vendettas for months (I was one of his vendettas). You guys might remember his location field which was a reference to the Brandi thread: "The worst thing about this thread was BluffTHIS was right." Most people would consider that a Pyrrhic victory, he considers it an honor.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's a big trolly douche and should be banned, imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that.

He can legislate my ass if he wants. Ban hammer plz.