Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: NHL 08 vs 2K8

If you want to unlock the 07-08 jerseys in 08, here's the code. h3oyxpwksf8ibcgt Good thing they made us wait a day to unlock those jerseys, what was the point if they weren't going to wait until the teams unveiled them themselves.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:10 PM

the code was put up mistakenly by Reebok
Old 09-13-2007, 07:34 PM

EA's servers are beyond bad everybody is having a fit about only getting team games going about 1 in every 20 attempts.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 PM

Got NHL08 in the mail last night and played a couple games. Awesome game. Quite possibly the smartest sports AI I've seen and I was only playing on Pro. My bread and butter moves stop working really quick and you have to change up your game. Also, the way the players move is tremendously upgraded. It's not like you are stuck in some giant circle everytime you want to turn. I didn't quite get the hang of the new moves to get around defenders, but they seemed to be really cool. I'm also happy I can finally win faceoffs, although I've gone from winning 10 a game to losing 10 a game because it's so easy.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:47 AM

after playing 2k8 for a while longer i'm kinda drawn. i'm a Canucks fan, so i'm using the canucks for my franchise mode. i'm having a terrible time winning. even with Luongo it seems like they score on me too often =(

i have it on all-star mode, because the lower mode is way too easy. I find it way too difficult to get a clean shot. i know it's difficult to get a clean shot in the nhl, but it feels like 80-90 percent of my shots are blocked.

it's extremely difficult to move the puck from your end to the neutral zone. the CPU's A.I. is way too good, and it's as if they have super human strength. i feel like i'm playin against the 93 NJ Devils every single game.

when getting the puck out of my zone, i pass to my forwards, who promptly skate back into my own end due to momentum carrying them back..yeah, they skate back to my blue line to accept a pass.

i gotta say i'm disappointed and glad i only spent 35 bucks on this game. anyone else had any similiar experiences with 2k8?