Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 08:10 PM

Default 58% of French People are dumber than Ms. Teen SC

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KxmHEGy7JUU
Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: 58% of French People are dumber than Ms. Teen SC

lol at the host treating it like one of the harder questions when it's an early gimme.

and yeah, it must be near the end of the taping session or something.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:14 PM

A, At least they can articulate a sentence, i mean the guy was wrong, but at least he didnt utter complete gibberish for 20 seconds
B, Most of the audience probably picked the wrong answer on purpose, i know i would have
C, Whilst you could argue 58% of the audience of WWTBAM got it wrong, they are clearly not a representative sample and probably represents the bottom 5% of the countries intelligence
D, All of mankind thought that for most of its history
E, That question is harder than picking your country out on a map of the world
F, If i look through all American TV gameshows im sure i could find dumber examples

When you find a poll which is representative enough to have conclusions drawn from it ill agree the French are stupider than you yanks. But it wont happen. Plus, they were right about Iraq in EVERY way and you STILL hate your oldest ally for it. You guys are stupid in ways us Europeans will never be.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:21 PM

She used a lifeline to get to that, obv very old pic
Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A, At least they can articulate a sentence, i mean the guy was wrong, but at least he didnt utter complete gibberish for 20 seconds
B, Most of the audience probably picked the wrong answer on purpose, i know i would have
C, Whilst you could argue 58% of the audience of WWTBAM got it wrong, they are clearly not a representative sample and probably represents the bottom 5% of the countries intelligence
F, If i look through all American TV gameshows im sure i could find dumber examples

When you find a poll which is representative enough to have conclusions drawn from it ill agree the French are stupider than you yanks. But it wont happen. Plus, they were right about Iraq in EVERY way and you STILL hate your oldest ally for it. You guys are stupid in ways us Europeans will never be.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to go point by point but decided itd be easier to just say that you have constructed possibly the worst argument ever.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 PM

You mean you couldnt go point by point, right?

Just respond by saying "yeah, its obviously here as a joke and shouldnt try to be representative of France as a whole".

Also, wasnt the woman with the elephant/moon question proven to be a photoshop somewhere, as kinda proven by the fact its a picture and not a video.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ill agree the French are stupider than you yanks

[/ QUOTE ]He never said that, but it is implied by saying they're dumber than the SC girl. I bet the SC girl would get it wrong too though- as would many Americans.

Anyway there are better (while still pretty terrible) metrics for measuring which countries are "dumbest". I believe national geographic does a poll every few years or so about locating countries on the map, and identifying global political events or some such [censored]- in which American high school students consistently place near the bottom.

That's of course misleading too though, even within the narrow focus of the polls. America's geographic position has historically afforded it with a culture of isolationism which I'm sure affects the results.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:46 PM

The whole French are dumber than Americans is the theme of the linked vid.

I wasnt aiming what i said at the OP fwiw.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ill agree the French are stupider than you yanks

[/ QUOTE ]He never said that, but it is implied by saying they're dumber than the SC girl. I bet the SC girl would get it wrong too though- as would many Americans.

Anyway there are better (while still pretty terrible) metrics for measuring which countries are "dumbest". I believe national geographic does a poll every few years or so about locating countries on the map, and identifying global political events or some such [censored]- in which American high school students consistently place near the bottom.

That's of course misleading too though, even within the narrow focus of the polls. America's geographic position has historically afforded it with a culture of isolationism which I'm sure affects the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get how geography is the end all be all of intelligence, these examples are thrown around a lot and people seem to put a hell of a lot of weight on geography as a measurement of intellect.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean you couldnt go point by point, right?

Just respond by saying "yeah, its obviously here as a joke and shouldnt try to be representative of France as a whole".

Also, wasnt the woman with the elephant/moon question proven to be a photoshop somewhere, as kinda proven by the fact its a picture and not a video.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so at least the french are efficient in their idiocy?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm no. this is what my little brother says. unfortunately, the audience is housewives. which leads us to

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd actually say that people that can take the time from their day to go to a taping like this, most people dressed nicely, and interested in this show, have at least a general education, and I'd wager are smarter than average. Granted, there are probably no scholars in the audience, but its not exactly homeless retards.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. yeah but nobody in the audience was alive when this was the belief.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. maps are not intuitive. also, it was only 20%. 58% of the people [censored] this up. also, who knows where they got this 20% figure. obviously not being able to pick out the US is sad, but an unmarked map can be confusing. for a more difficult challenge, try one of those state placement on a blank map games. you think you know where states are, but when its blank, its tough.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you could. On WWTBAM though, I've seen Americans get things wrong, but not one this easy.