Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Is this a good turn card for us? PLO8

Villain has been super aggro which is why pf went limp/call. Villain insta-called flop telling me he had a pretty decent low hand. So given this, turn a good or bad card? If good, 1/2 pot, 3/4, full?

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $2058
BB: $2934

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $60</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($120, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $119</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $476</font>, BB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1072, 2 players)
Hero ?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Is this a good turn card for us? PLO8

you checkraised the flop, and he only called so it would seem to me that you are representing the made hand. hopefully the opponent has a weak high hand or some sort of wheel draw that you can get him off of with a solid turn bet. will he ever have AQ2X or 55xx for an underfull? yes, sometimes. check-folding the turn seems like an awful line though.

if you put in any big bet on the turn you are generally priced in to call any raise unless you think you are drawing dead/slim which is sometimes the case unfortunately.

seems like you need to bet full pot to avoid being "out-bluffed". i'm sure many will disagree, but that's my line.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:53 PM

If you're going to checkraise the flop you have to go after turns like this. However, because [ QUOTE ]
Villain insta-called flop telling me he had a pretty decent low hand

[/ QUOTE ] you need to know that he can fold hands like A2Jx and A38x

Bet full pot so he doesn't talk himself into calling with those hands.

I've backed off doing stuff like this until I have a reason to believe that my opponent won't immediately leave after doubling up.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 AM

For me this comes down to a simple question, is your opponent capable of folding a naked lo draw, or a low with a straight draw. If the answer to this is yes, then yes this is a great card, bet it and bet it hard, more often then not he will begrudging lay it down, and u take it down.

For opponents who i believe are incapable of folding good nut low draws but nothing else, as it is often the case when i play the smaller limits, ive been trying a new play here, would like to get your opionon on it as well. What i often do is just bet half pot here, (since i know they call any bet with any low draw this saves me money) and if the river comes high card or repeater i put in another substantial bet, if it comes low, then i normally just surrender, unless as in this case it improves your hand, then im likly to check call.