Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 04:56 PM

Default It\'s pretty close?

Villain is very aggressive. Can definitely do this with just bare A2 as I've tried moves on this turn with A6hh and such.

It's quite close. How should I proceed? Obviously if it bricks out on river i'm check/calling.

If there wasn't a flush draw out there, does it make a cap easier?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring game
Limit: $50/$100
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(-1:1)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (-2SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(-2:1)</font>.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (-1BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero ????
Old 07-31-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: It\'s pretty close?

Shabamabam - The danger is BB may have a wheel plus a six. But that's not very likely.

Assuming BB simply also has the wheel plus a flush draw, Hero has the edge with top set. Thus a wheel plus top set (drawing for a full house or quads) is better than a wheel plus the nut flush draw.

Indeed, the wheel plus the set is better than anything BB can hold except a wheel plus a six.

I'd go ahead an take my chances BB does not hold a wheel plus a six. And even if he does, the board might pair on the river.

Jam.

Buzz
Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM

WTF? I seriously don't know what you're asking, here. Jam the turn for sure. I don't really like how you played the flop in a 4-bet pot because you're not losing him before the river anyway, but your play there is defensible. But on the turn, all his 3-bet says for sure is "I have a wheel or a 7-hi straight." He probably has a wheel with some chance at 3/4, but you have an excellent shot at 3/4. Jam and check the river (vs. most competent players), obv c/r'ing when the board pairs.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 PM

Sorry if I made it confusing. I was really interested in finding out what Buzz basically explained. I'm not too keen on the numbers, so i thought it might have been a mistake to cap if I was against a flush draw?

I was also wondering what people's opinions were if the board pairs. Leading v. C/ring as A26 probably still bets but 67xx might check behind although I think the probability of him having A2 was much higher than 67 for obvious reasons.