Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 07-20-2007, 07:22 PM

Default epassporte account hacked

I checked my account the 17th, had like $4300 in it.

Yesterday hit up atm for like $600, bought something maybe on 17th or 18th for $270.

Today, I hit up subway and the card didnt word for something that was like $6-7. Weird. Twice. Ok, its been iffy for me before so I wasnt too worried but made a note to check my account when I get home 30 minutes later.

Then I try to login and my password doesnt work. My security question is changed as well. Uh oh.

I call them, on the phone with some guy for 20 minutes. They can't verify its me. Hacker changed my email, mobile #, maybe my address? He kept asking me my address (I have 2 places, and moved recently from another place) so I tell him I have 3 places and not sure whats the address. None of them work supposely even though I redid each one like 3 times. I tell him to freeze my account that its been hacked forsure. He cant do anything. I tell him to see if my passwords been changed in past 24 hours, he cant tell me. I give him my epassporte card #, and gave him a bunch of dates/times I used the card and for how much. Still wouldnt believe me. Ugh, hung up.

Call back.

This time my address works? Then I gave him my checking account # which I had this time. I told him I couldnt log in and think Ive been hacked. He told me my password has been changed earlier in the morning, and there was 4 p2p transfers made today. So account busto. He freezes the other account but doesnt tell me if my money is recoverable. He said it says outstanding on both account statements but it might be still pending so they trace it down.

They never emailed me saying my password was changed, address, phone # etc. I check my email everyday in the morning and this could of saved me all my cash forsure. Now its maybe.

I have no clue how the hacker got my password. Changed all my passwords I use on a different computer now. But Im freaked out. I did notice something strange past week that my password for epassporte was like autosaved even though I never ever use that option for any site. Like after I typed my username, my password automatically popped up.

I just cant believe the first epassporte rep, and how they never emailed me or warned me about someone changing my personal info.

Mostly just ranting, this feeling sucks. Now Im all paranoid. Anyone know if money there is backed or anything, or possiblity of getting my cash back?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: epassporte account hacked

this sux man, i hope u get ur money back and that piece of [censored] gets what he deserves...

that being said, i'm not so sure if u can really blame epass here, pretty tough situation from their viewpoint...
Old 07-20-2007, 08:09 PM

That sucks man, hope it works out well for you.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They never emailed me saying my password was changed, address, phone # etc. I check my email everyday in the morning

[/ QUOTE ]

This is odd. They usually email for everything.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They never emailed me saying my password was changed, address, phone # etc. I check my email everyday in the morning

[/ QUOTE ]

This is odd. They usually email for everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the same person has also hacked your email and deleted the messages. Better check.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:33 PM

ePass has an option that you click if you want an email notification sent to your external address for each transaction that is made. If you don't request this, they send you a message to your internal ePass mailbox. Hope you can recover your funds. Very sad post. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 PM

Sounds to me like someone you know is ripping you off. Who else uses your computer?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:25 PM

Maybe I unclicked that option, b/c I know I havn't got any emails in past 3-4 months when it was fine and I did numerous transactions to the point it maybe got annoying. I had like 103 internal messages though I remember. But something like this I def. wanted to see, just not the 1k succesful into full tilt, etc.

Though hacker having my email is a possiblity since password is somewhat similar. And if he figured out my password for that, he prob. figured out my other ones somehow. You think its a keylogger or a virus?

I rarely download anything, only hhsmithey datamined folders and poker related stuff thats legit.

Had a computer guy come in week or two ago, and he stuck in his usb zip drive. Trying to figure out if my usb bluetooth was working since it didnt show up on my computer when plugged in, and wondering if it was the right type of usb connection? Saying if its the right usb, his zip drive would pop up as new whatever. But seems trustworthy from my dads work. Took it out right away when he saw it popped up and usb worked. But thats a possibility.

Other than that, this is a brand new computer and no one has used it.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:53 PM

-Behind a router or direct connect to your ISP?
-Wireless router?
-No encryption?
-Old encryption (easy to sniff)?
-Use MAC address filtering?
-Remote Access turned off on your computer?
-File sharing turned off?
-Firewall installed on comuter with proper settings?
-Virus/spyware detection on your computer?
-Other people use your computer?
-Password on your computer?
-Old cordless phone (easy to listen in on)?
-Check to see installed programs that match an install date as the date the USB drive was 'tested'?
-Other issues could be a hack into epass or email of course (I would assume e-mail before epass but you never know)
-Have epass trace the IP to a general location (to see if it is someone with an ip in the same area as you - may help a little to determine what was really penetrated)?

Just tossing out some ideas...if you are not on a secure network, any passwords you change may still be viewed.

What I would do:
-Wipe drive and do clean install of computer - (use Ghost or the like after you have it done so if you have to clean install again it is not so bad with drivers, programs, etc...)
-If you don't do a clean install, I would run two different programs for virus and spyware scans...still does not mean you are not infected...with finances in jeop, I would do clean install (after fromatting or wiping the drive)
-Secure your network...if using a wirelss router and have not changed the password or encryption on it, I would direct connect to it via cable and change it...use any filtering on it that you can also...wired routers are also vulnerable
-Once you know you are secure and know computer is clean, chane all passwords (to e-mail, epass, all finance accts, computer password, etc...)

Just stuff off the top of my head...I am sure stuff was missed though (I am not a hacker btw)...good luck and push epassport to get an ip trace done ASAP - as well as trace to who the funds were sent to (though the culprit may have access to several hacked epassports and the first transfer may be bs).

Good luck.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 PM

update: still no email from them

everytime I call, they said there going to email since they can't talk about this over the phone.

dumb people sent the email to the wrong account to the hackers email...then they have the balls to tell me thats the email the account originated with.

still dont know if I get any of my funds back

though they say by tomorrow I should recieve the email to my correct address.

I think there doing a terrible job so far in handling this.