Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Why a Democratic Iraq Will never Succeed: Recipe for Disastor...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, we'll never really know if being there helps or hurts a person to assess the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is completely false. Actually seeing Iraq with your own eyes and living amongst the people there makes a person more qualified to predict what will happen than the rest of the population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful, lol, it looks like that quote was from me! I agree, the armchair generals who got their military training playing video games and their news from TV and newspapers can't have the insight someone who's been there, seen it, and talked to the people has.

Those who claim that the stress of being there negates the ability to make those assesments in s large number of the military has been watching too many movies.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why wont it work. Every Kuwaiti is a zillionare.

[/ QUOTE ]

have no idea where you get those info. according to CIA (2006) their GDP - per capita is only 23.100$.
according to wiki, kuwaiti GDP per capita is approximately 1/3 lower than in US and far below luxembourg (87.955$) or norway (72.306$).

[ QUOTE ]
Kuwaiti money destroys I MEAN destroys the U.S. dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl. you're kidding, right?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

have no idea where you get those info. according to CIA (2006) their GDP - per capita is only 23.100$.
according to wiki, kuwaiti GDP per capita is approximately 1/3 lower than in US and far below luxembourg (87.955$) or norway (72.306$).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the least Kuwaiti's don't work because the are all rich.. And when I say they dont work.... THEY DONT WORK.

The only Kuwaitis who work are military (mandatory service) and prob a few oil negotiators. Everyone else is imported to do crummy jobs and prob makes 1/100th of what a mc donalds employee makes.

And I'm sorry I said they destroy the Dollar. That was false as exchange rates dont' mean everything. I just don't like having to give them 20 dollars american for 5 dinar.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the least Kuwaiti's don't work because the are all rich.. And when I say they dont work.... THEY DONT WORK.

The only Kuwaitis who work are military (mandatory service) and prob a few oil negotiators. Everyone else is imported to do crummy jobs and prob makes 1/100th of what a mc donalds employee makes.

And I'm sorry I said they destroy the Dollar. That was false as exchange rates dont' mean everything. I just don't like having to give them 20 dollars american for 5 dinar.

[/ QUOTE ]

GDP includes oil and natural gas production. Even if they are "rich" because of the unpumped reserves, they still can't spend it until its produced and sold.

Another source says the average annual salary is $60k, however, which doesnt fit with a $23k GDP per capita.

There is a statistical disconnect somewhere.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GDP includes oil and natural gas production. Even if they are "rich" because of the unpumped reserves, they still can't spend it until its produced and sold.

Another source says the average annual salary is $60k, however, which doesnt fit with a $23k GDP per capita.

There is a statistical disconnect somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes in that only 40 % of kuwaitis are from kuwait and of that 40 % only 20 % of them are activly engaged in the workforce (Which is like force military service)

You can say whatever you want about them or their lifestyle but KUWAITIS don't work because they live off their oil profits.

Iraq could do the same thing (prob to a lesser extent because their population is greater) but I'm pretty sure good food and water and housing could be supplied
Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Your anarcho-individualistic society will eventually result in individuals with conflicts to be disputed. This will necessitate an alternative to democracy whether you like it or not. "

Privatized courts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an obvious alternative. It is not obvious that it would do a "better" job than a democratically determined set of universal rules. Suggesting an alternative is not the same as providing a better solution.