Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Why a Democratic Iraq Will never Succeed: Recipe for Disastor...

My bad; do you mind supplying me with a list of opinions I should hold in order to not be 'ignorant'?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My bad; do you mind supplying me with a list of opinions I should hold in order to not be 'ignorant'?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. You can start with the only thing keeping Iraq from devolving into complete and total chaos with the resulting death of countless civilians and then becoming the next Afghanistan are MNF-I forces helping the fledgling Iraqi government maintain a semblance of security.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:03 PM

Pro war apologists claimed the same thing with Vietnam; it wasn't true there and it isn't true in Iraq. I could take your word for it, or I could take Dick Clarke and Ron Paul's opinion; but I forget, you probably have super secret spy briefings in your parents basement.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:10 PM

What I have is personal experience from spending most of 2003 in Baghdad, As Samawah, Diwaniya, and Ramadi. Does your resume include anything besides being just another keyboard commando?

Edit: Also, lol at your Vietnam reference. Please tell the class what happened in Saigon in 1975.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:28 PM

"Also, lol at your Vietnam reference. Please tell the class what happened in Saigon in 1975. "

Why don't you tell the class what happened in Saigon in 2007 (we trade and invest with them). I'm not sure why you think the fact that you are a soldier who participated in an unjust war of aggression against an enemy who had done no harm to your country qualifies you to predict the future of the reigion, but I still think Richard Clarke is more qualified to comment on this than you. He had access to briefings and stuff.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Also, lol at your Vietnam reference. Please tell the class what happened in Saigon in 1975. "

Why don't you tell the class what happened in Saigon in 2007 (we trade and invest with them). I'm not sure why you think the fact that you are a soldier who participated in an unjust war of aggression against an enemy who had done no harm to your country qualifies you to predict the future of the reigion, but I still think Richard Clarke is more qualified to comment on this than you. He had access to briefings and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted For Awesomeness And Stuff. Also, Linky!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:15 AM

I don't see anything wrong with leaving if there's not much progress by September. It'll be at least until then before Republican congressman consider changing their votes. We've had 4.5 years to do this. At what point do you say it's just not working, let's stop spending $12 billion a month on this war and losing thousands of American soldiers. It seems like ever since we captued Sadaam the only thing that has been accomplished by staying is enciting more hatred towards America. Should American soldiers continue to die in a civil war that only citizens of Iraq can win? We've heard generals say that no military solution can fix Iraq so if General Patreas reports the same in September then enough is enough and we need to pull out.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why you think the fact that you are a soldier who spent nearly a year on the ground, interacting with the people, understanding their issues and desires, attempting to protect many of the from violence from their supposed countrymen, and getting shot at whilst doing it, qualifies you to predict the future of the reigion

NVM Little point in the discussion. It's all black and white, and the best analysts are clearly those who have never been there, never risked anything there, and never cared about anyone who has been there or lives there.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't really think this will work right? Issuing each Iraqi a share of the oil profits??? And what's to insure they get them, as opposed to a group of people with the power to take/keep said profits.
[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wont it work. Every Kuwaiti is a zillionare.

Kuwaiti money destroys I MEAN destroys the U.S. dollar.

Most of them don't even work.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The U.S. should just leave these people alone and stop killing them

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you 12?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it immature to ask people to stop killing people?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's immature to think think the second we pull out the death rate won't quadruple.