Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 AM

Default 2x KQ TPGK facing turn raise

#1: No reads on UTG, CO is 68/1/0.36

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.05/$0.1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.4SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3.2BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.2BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

#2: Villain is 41/9/1.0

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.05/$0.1
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.4SB, 4 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.2BB, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.2BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I feel like I'm wasting bets here calling down when a station raises. Given villains' stats and the monotone boards, is it okay to fold the turn when getting 1:4 effective odds to call down?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: 2x KQ TPGK facing turn raise

I'd lean towards folding the first one due to how passive CO is.

I'd probably call the second one down though, although I don't think you'll win very often.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd lean towards folding the first one due to how passive CO is.

I'd probably call the second one down though, although I don't think you'll win very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

First one: Miniscule pot and passive raiser - fold.

The second one: You have been aggro the whole way so he could be doing something crazy, so call down with something ressembling odds.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given villains' stats and the monotone boards

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean "rainbow." "Monotone" is a synonym we use for "single-suited," e.g. a flop like Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I probably should fold to the passive raiser in Hand #1, but he's so loose as to make something like 97 in his range, and we have odds to beat that, plus another dummy in there padding the pot. Unfortunately, that leaves us with a river dilemma getting 10-1 stuck between the raiser and the dummy, so I'd have to call that, too.

Hand #2 I fold the river. Someone whose VPIP is 41, although loose, won't be playing the pure trash from EP necessary for us to have the same hidden outs we have in Hand #1. Also, the Ace river came and he bet it anyway. He has no less than K9 here and thus I can fold even getting 11-1.