Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Cheap golf

I'll be interning this summer at my home course on the Outer Banks of NC. If anyone is gonna be down there at all this summer get in touch with me and we can play some free to $20/round golf at just about any of the 5 or so courses I have priveleges at.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Cheap golf

If you're in Tupelo, MS, mention this forum and I'll get you on my course for a cart fee.($12)
Old 04-24-2007, 12:29 AM

ok thats what i was getting at, Nags Head, NC. $16 if its after 4pm or I'm in the shop alone.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok thats what i was getting at, Nags Head, NC. $16 if its after 4pm or I'm in the shop alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

real classy, i bet your boss/owners would love to read this.....i got an idea, how bout you take your internship a bit more seriously, maybe with some work you could actually be worthy of getting paid for working. Limit if you are reading this here is the epitome of your "new PGA professional" err.....apprentice.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:18 PM

pokerpansie,

I was always under the impression that bosses gave tons of free golf away anyway. No?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 PM

If an assistant has been given the authority to give golf away great, however he states if he is in the shop "alone", which to insinuates he is doing it on the sly, which is not only dishonest it goes against the intregrity of the PGA. I am a course owner/PGA professional and have had many assistants over the past 10 years who I have trusted and many that I have had to let go because of some inferiority complex that compelled them to think they could make friends by giving my source of income away. That being said, there is a time and a place for "free" golf, but just because you can give it away doesn't mean you need to. Kind of goes back to the whole "where is the PGA" going thing and imho, a larger number of "kids" who have a sense of entitlement to do as they want rather than what is asked of them.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:51 PM

Good reply.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

real classy, i bet your boss/owners would love to read this.....i got an idea, how bout you take your internship a bit more seriously, maybe with some work you could actually be worthy of getting paid for working. Limit if you are reading this here is the epitome of your "new PGA professional" err.....apprentice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right, but you also seem to have a strong dislike for this guy. Tone down the vendetta, it'll give you more credibility.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're in Tupelo, MS, mention this forum and I'll get you on my course for a cart fee.($12)

[/ QUOTE ]

I should say, "let me know you're coming..." so that whoever is working can take care of you.
Also, I'd love to get up a round with some 2+2 golf nuts.
Maybe in Tunica sometime...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:29 PM

[/ QUOTE ]You might be right, but you also seem to have a strong dislike for this guy. Tone down the vendetta, it'll give you more credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know the guy from "adam" and i am not looking for credibility. Just calling it like i see it my friend.