Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 01-07-2007, 04:03 PM

Default RayBonert

I received the following PMs from RayBonert.

[ QUOTE ]
duke,

i want to know what it would take for 2+2 to decide to operate a poker professional server for the purpose of hosting events for the 2+2 membership.

i have all of the software that you would need. in fact i can setup an entire 2p2 site such that the official 2p2 person has total control over accounts and the bank.

i will do this at no charge.

we just completed our first ever pokerbot.com sponsored event today ... described here
http://forum.winholdem.net/wbb/viewtopic.php?t=9230

there were 3 humans and 1 bot. the bot took 2nd place. all of the participants were on ventrilo and they each received a complete set of the server side hand histories (the hh's with all card info).

there is another event scheduled for next week.

i can host your event very easily; just say the word. or ..
i can setup a completely separate ppro server under your control (i.e. 2P2-Atlanta) hosted on my windows box in downtown atlanta.

or if 2p2 publishing wants to pay the $100/month co-location then you guys can control everything - all windows accounts and all ppro accounts.

i really would like the opportunity to help 2p2.

please advise. i can make all of these very easy for you.

ray

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
duke,

i want the chance to be the software provider for the 2p2 holdem server:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...c=1#Post8683195

ray

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he PMed me because we are talking about having an SMP game.

I told him that I have no clue what he's talking about and I wasn't the the right person to talk about this with. So, he asked me who to talk to about this.

From looking at his other threads, this guy seems to be unable to accept that his software and tourneys aren't very welcome.

I can tell him whatever but was wondering if one of the admins or poker forum mods wanted to handle this.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: RayBonert

For completeness... the discussion between you and Ray started in this thread ?
Old 01-07-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For completeness... the discussion between you and Ray started in this thread ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you could call it a discussion. He and BluffThis! were getting into it so I posted that that forum and thread were not a place to discuss bots, etc. and thanked Ray for the offer (just being polite) but that we'd go with a proven site.

Edit: When I said "we were discussing having an SMP game" I meant other posters and I - not Ray and I. This was my first contact with Ray and I'm definitely opposed to his ideas. Sorry, for any confusion.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:03 PM

Please tell him that no one involved with Twoplustwo in any capacity whatsoever wants anything to do with him and would prefer that he never posted here again; especially now his bot-tourney, the reason he was allowed initially to post here out of possible minimal academic interest, has been shown to be a total and utter farce and failed publicity stunt.

You will probably find he will slip links to winholdem-orientated posts in as many threads as possible in your forum, now. It might be worth your while pm-ing him and telling him not to post again, except, at best, in his single existing bot-tourney thread.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:11 AM

I thought we all agreed in a prior thread that anytime Ray promotes WinHold'em the link would be removed? This thread in software is filled with links back to his forum. I don't mind him promoting his bot vs bot tournament, as long as he doesn't promote WinHold'em at the same time.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 04:37 PM

Well it's still continuing.

We planned an SMP forum game for fun and Ray posted it on his website and one of the people won, which isn't a problem in itself but I guess they were talking about botting at the final table. It's being talked about in this thread.
Thoughts?
Should I delete some of Ray's links? I guess a link or two to explain his position would be reasonable but you guys said he's been doing this a lot.
This is particularly annoying to us recreational players that wanted to just have a fun little tourney.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:04 PM

He is scum of the lowest order and has no agenda for being here other than to try to sell his scum-sucking bot s/w.

PLEASE delete all and every link to or mention of winholdem.

Even in his primary bot tourney thread, from now on.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:08 PM

1. Those links are spam
2. Mike told him in the other RayBornert thread that he could only post in his Software forum bot competition thread. A condition which he broke in SMP.
3. Mike hates him.

Rduke, if you want to ban him, go ahead.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. Mike hates him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this show?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well it's still continuing.

We planned an SMP forum game for fun and Ray posted it on his website and one of the people won, which isn't a problem in itself but I guess they were talking about botting at the final table. It's being talked about in this thread.
Thoughts?
Should I delete some of Ray's links? I guess a link or two to explain his position would be reasonable but you guys said he's been doing this a lot.
This is particularly annoying to us recreational players that wanted to just have a fun little tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw... RDuke, I think you handled the situation very well!