Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 10:22 AM

Default TT getting limpraised

No reads, his first hand at the table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($3.01)
MP ($3)
Hero ($5.75)
SB ($3.75)
BB ($1.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.08, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.20, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.91) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.6</font>, Hero folds

His preflop limp-raise smelled like aces, so I got out on the flop. Any comments? Fold 'em preflop?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:27 AM

Default Re: TT getting limpraised

Seems fine...usually a limp/reraise is KK/AA.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:28 AM

You can't fold preflop because you have implied odds to stack him if you hit your T, especially when he has a big PP. His raise on the flop isn't too strong, but it shows that he is going to make it an expensive hand at least. It's probable now that he has a PP bigger than TT. Moreover you have to care about BB who called two raises before the flop and now leads into two players who both raised before the flop. He might have some kind of pair or good draw, too. Your reverse implied odds in this hand are horrible. So fold the hand.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:30 AM

Good luck trying to make sense of a play from a guy at NL5 who posts in MP, then limp-re-raises.

I think any two cards that he finds pretty looking are in his range.

I would presonally get pissed off here and push. But yeah if you want to play it like he is not retarded then I guess a fold is the right play.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:18 PM

LRR is funny, from a poster I certainly wouldn't trust it to be KK or AA. I think you can find a better spot to get your chips in. Especially after a bet and a raise.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:29 PM

I am not so sure about this. A big pocket pair should reraise more than pot on this flop. I am thinking that bb has a flush draw (or an 8) and lrr has AK (potentially diamonds). Folding is probably the smart play, but I don't mind a raise to $1.6 either.