Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Multi-platform games - 3 System Showdown

[ QUOTE ]

And not sure what you mean launch titles aren't good. The XBox launch had a little game called Halo: Combat Evolved. The PS2 had numerous titles including SSX, Dynasty Warriors 2 and Street Fighter EX3 for starters. There are at least a few others I'm forgetting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying they didn't have a lot of titles. They didn't have any great titles. The ones you mentioned (besides Halo) were not that great. DW2 was lame compared to 3 or 4 and got boring quickly, SF is a prev gen game on a next gen system, and SSX blew up w/ SSX Tricky. Personally I thought the SSX series wasn't good even after tricky.

I was going to say Onimusha & Timesplitters, but Onimusha was short and the sequels didn't do well and the TS was ok, but the sequel was WAY better.

My point is that none of the first generations pushed the envelope w/ either graphics or gameplay. When GTA3 came out it was revolutionary and moved the PS2 like hotcakes. The games coming out now are only touching on the possibilities of the systems, so I'll get the really great games later, possibly dabble in some of the first gen games when the price drops, and play the great games out now thoroughly until those games I'm waiting for are released. I shouldn't be suprised because this has happened to consoles in the past and is pretty much the same thing I did when I got my PS2. Played 1-2 PS2 games for a year, finished my PS1 games that my PS1 wouldn't play anymore, and got some of the really good PS2 games that came out later.