Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Re: *s

I love how OOT mods not only have to put up [censored] with users who are too dumb to follow the rules, but also put up with [censored] from other [censored] mods who don't realize that the rules are they way they are for a reason. I also think it is clear from this thread that you (AJ) took TWP first * off and gave him a custom title which is against the rules and you should be removed as a mod.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
again its very simple, if someone has a problem with the * system then they can simply not post in OOT, the software now allows this to be enforced. by posting in OOT, they are agreeing to the terms of use, just as they are in the lounge when it comes to avatars, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough answer, thx
Old 10-28-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Users make mistakes. And, as is the case with alot of these stars, they make small minor inconsequential mistakes in ignorance. This isn't stupidity or intentionally trying to be a moron. Without the posters there is no 2p2. And you guys seem more than happy to ostracize users. Which carries over into other forums outside of OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also want to mention that since title changes are Mod decisions, given the new rules in place... it would seem that there should be no more *'ing of users with custom titles!

[/ QUOTE ]

...wondered about this myself. If OOT doesn't trump all other strat forums, maybe the user note *'s are sufficient for those already w/custom titles.

[/ QUOTE ]

a possible compromise could be adding the *'s to the existing title. so it would look something like this butthead/*

i still favor a harsher exiling policy though
Old 10-28-2006, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how OOT mods not only have to put up [censored] with users who are too dumb to follow the rules, but also put up with [censored] from other [censored] mods who don't realize that the rules are they way they are for a reason. I also think it is clear from this thread that you (AJ) took TWP first * off and gave him a custom title which is against the rules and you should be removed as a mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. No, I didn't undo TWP's star. Mat put it in stone that we can't undo other mod's actions and I agree with that rule 100%. Your quick rush to judgment here is sad.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you mean the thread where the same "quality" poster advocates some gay forum war? seriously who cares what he thinks. the fact that *'s piss people off so much is a good reason to keep them.

i suggest the following solution. someone bitches about their *, they have it removed and are promptly exiled from OOT for good

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly what i proposed to him in my PM! what's up with posting PM's without my permission too. pretty weak.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a possible compromise could be adding the *'s to the existing title. so it would look something like this butthead/*

[/ QUOTE ]

I would vote for this in the poll that no doubt will follow.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:19 PM

it's so funny, most of the people who bitch about the * system are people who messed up, got one, and now they are all like "F OOT, THEY SUCK, WORTHLESS FORUM, POWERHUNGRY MODS" HAHAHAH it's just a joke to me.

i love the idea of them having the * removed and being exiled from OOT.. and how could they not love it also? exiled from a forum they hate, run by power hungry mods (laff). it's win/win

another thing that bugs me is when people say dumb stuff like "well isn't that what OOT is all about? retarded posts and trolls?"

NO YOU IDIOTS!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:36 PM

TWP should be exiled. I don't want him posting in OOT anymore. What a bitch.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TWP should be exiled. I don't want him posting in OOT anymore. What a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
God, get over yourself. Thanks for taking my title as the mod on the biggest power trip. There is absolutely zero reason why a * needs to be public. You say that it serves as a lesson to posters? How the hell are they supposed to learn anything when there is no explanation accompanying the * in the title? Posting an explanation in the thread is one thing, but a * in the title is simply a scarlet letter that just pisses people off; good people in the case of TWP.

There are a lot of people who vote with their feet and don't post in OOT because of the overmodding. That's one of the reason why BBV is about to overtake OOT in popularity.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:49 PM

ok, but seriously:

what is the reason that *s need to be visible on the undertitle instead of just visible in user notes? the users will know when they have a star because you will notify them of the reasoning behind them getting a *, and putting the * in the usernotes instead of in the undertitle means that there is less chance of mod bias toward giving *s to people who have *s already more frequently than people who don't.

censored, i really don't think that your answer to bluefeet adequately responds to his, and my above, point. though i think that the problem/disparity was obviously worse when users couldn't be exiled just from oot. and perhaps it makes it pretty irrelevent. i just think that if someone's been here for 5 years and has 10,000 posts, there's not much good argument for screwing with them for clerical reasons, which is all putting the * in the undertitle really is.

for absurdity, what if the FAQ for the STTF said "any user making a really good post gets a custom undertitle." then 1) any time you put a * on one of the users i changed for this reason would be undoing my moderator action 2) my rule would be much as silly as actually needing to display the *.

i don't see why someone who posts infrequently *but doesn't hate oot and never want to go there again* shouldn't be able to have their * commuted to their user notes, and like i said, i'm pretty sure it's been done before, several times.

finally, does the lounge have the ability to exile people? it seems it should, by your logic. it should also have the ability to give *-type markings.

meh.

citanul