Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Might be lossing my Job , but know interviewee. Whats my play?

[ QUOTE ]
Work on appearances mrkilla. My (snap) impression of you is that you aren't that intelligent, based on your poorly written post. There are lots of simple spelling errors. Anyways, let's not dwell on that because we all know that you may very well be smarter than I think you are. The point is that you should consider how others view you, and try to improve their impressions of you. Make sure people see you working hard and suceeding . People make judgements very quick on very unreliable information.

[/ QUOTE ] uuuh.. I'm not the best speller but I do know when I go to critic someone elses, I better have my i's dotted and my t's crossed. (succeeding)
Old 01-25-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Might be losing my Job , but know interviewee. Whats my play?

Bumping for new news and well I felt like it.

Quick Recap, I found out they were interviewing people for my job, I tried to correct it but I found out my days were numbered anyway.(Not that they told me)

So Around 2 weeks ago I found they were really trying hard to find someone either to be my "helper" (as they put it later) or to replace me. (I'm going with the later).
With that I put my resume out there , sent it to a few places and got back a great response. Long story short 3 days and 2 interview laters I found a Job that brings me up in title (now will be a CTO/IT Director) and increased my Pay 50% and tripled my bonus. Slight brag? maybe but atleast the story has a happy ending [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 06:06 PM

congrats...
Old 01-25-2007, 06:08 PM

"get to work slacker"

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Work on appearances mrkilla. My (snap) impression of you is that you aren't that intelligent, based on your poorly written post. There are lots of simple spelling errors. Anyways, let's not dwell on that because we all know that you may very well be smarter than I think you are. The point is that you should consider how others view you, and try to improve their impressions of you. Make sure people see you working hard and suceeding . People make judgements very quick on very unreliable information.

[/ QUOTE ] uuuh.. I'm not the best speller but I do know when I go to critic someone elses, I better have my i's dotted and my t's crossed. (succeeding)

[/ QUOTE ]
critique
Old 01-25-2007, 07:38 PM

killa,

Looking back at this thread, your timing is bizarre.

Literally within days of you posting your concern, I looked in the boss's calendar at my old place. Can't remember why I looked but I noticed he was interviewing someone. Well, he had copied and pasted the corporate recruiter's note and his resume into the body of the meeting invite.

Continuing the parallel with your story, I noticed the interviewee had worked for a friend of mine at his small firm. The recruiter's notes said "he left there because it was going under". WTF? Lie. I called my buddy and found out he is a total tool who was let go.

Well at the time I was extremely frustrated with the company and very unmotivated (uh, my 2+2 post count will verify this). Still, I'd never left a job on anything but my terms so I was freaked out. Additionally, there really wasn't room to put a new person and no discussion of doing so, and he wasn't brought back to meet us.

My solution was to say "hey, I was looking at your calendar and saw so-and-so (not his real name) was meeting with you. I remember him, he used to work for my friend!" Turns out the boss (great guy but we had totally different philosophies) had already dismissed him because the guy said something that annoyed him in the interview.

About a week later, I was let go. The day after I was let go they already had someone in my desk - I noticed that later the previous week he had interviews scheduled but this time was clever enough to leave out other data. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Very humiliating but it really was for the best. It took a few weeks (this is when my post count skyrocketed) but like you I landed a much more desirable role in the ways of commute (3 1/2 miles is now 1/2 mile, heh), compensation, culture, and role. Anyway, the timing and parallels were eerie and that's why I bothered with this Blarg-length post.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:44 PM

tuf

Congrats to you too. That really is a very similar story to the point of "WTF STOP STALKING ME"

My commute changed by 10 blocks (its nice to work in NYC sometimes) lol