Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 03:00 AM

Default 600NL QQ confused.

Villian is 23/11/3.3 after 293 hands. I can't help but feel this is weak as hell.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($310.10)
UTG ($545)
MP ($825)
Hero ($609)
Button ($1839.75)
SB ($711.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21</font>, Button calls $21, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($51) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $33</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $86</font>, Hero calls $53.

Turn: ($223) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $199</font>.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:51 AM

Default Re: 600NL QQ confused.

3 bet that flop, theres no reason not to. if he shoves then re-eval based on his timing. if u gotta make a big laydown, do it. but remember hes got a huge stack meaning hes either hot, hes good, or hes cocky (i.e. rr u w/A10.) any heart, king, 10 or ace can hit on turn to make you very skeptical, so thats my reason for 3betting. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2006, 03:59 AM

OOP I like raising more on Flop. Like the 3 bet Idea to, lets you know where you stand.

With flop as played, why not lead out turn (as 3d is non-scare card) If he comes over the top, you're probably beat.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:27 AM

GT1T,

Definitely a tough spot. His flop raise looked like value or pot building. The turn bet looks less like value; a bet he almost knows you aren't going to call with better hands than AT. He also may have a set here and got scared that you might've had [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s, I dunno. I don't think you're giving up too much by folding w/o some kind of better read here. His turn bet could also be the last money he plans on putting in the pot (reason why it's big-ish) w/ TP here. Tough to say.

jrbick
Old 09-22-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet that flop, theres no reason not to. if he shoves then re-eval based on his timing. if u gotta make a big laydown, do it. but remember hes got a huge stack meaning hes either hot, hes good, or hes cocky (i.e. rr u w/A10.) any heart, king, 10 or ace can hit on turn to make you very skeptical, so thats my reason for 3betting. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

3betting and foldin g to a shove on flop is terrible imo
Old 09-22-2006, 10:10 AM

I dont really like 3 betting because it really just seems that villain is using his position against you and is likely to hold a hand worse than yours. Thus 3 betting is giving him too much information. I would probably call the turn, and see what happens on the river. A lot of the time villain will have a flush draw here, I dont think I would be putting him on a set.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:20 AM

Bet more on flop, say $45 or $50 ish, that flop bet is weak and you can bet that villian sees it as such. As played this is a standard 3 bet flop/call a push situation. The only hands you're realistically worried about is 55 and 66 and if he spiked it then so be it. He could just have way too many hands here that you beat to lay this down.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet more on flop, say $45 or $50 ish, that flop bet is weak and you can bet that villian sees it as such. As played this is a standard 3 bet flop/call a push situation. The only hands you're realistically worried about is 55 and 66 and if he spiked it then so be it. He could just have way too many hands here that you beat to lay this down.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP's flop cbet is pretty standard, so there's not a problem there at all. 3 betting/calling push on the flop is pretty terrible imo. He's only pushing hands that a.) have us crushed or b.) have us at near even money or slight dogs to. You fold out worse hands by 3 betting.

GT1T I was thinking this over today and I think you should probably call the turn. I'd plan on the turn call as being the final $ I put into the pot. It looks like he's got a T, JJ maybe or a draw. I'd fold to just about any river bet.

jrbick