Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 03-30-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Re: CYOA: Vortex

********ANNOUNCEMENT*********

The thread will be opening late today, due to a wide variety of factors. We were going to make today, tomorrow, and Sunday 1 day in any case, because of the difficulties associated with doing a Friday night event. There may or may not be a 2nd day event on Saturday. If there is, voting will be open all day.

Therefore, I am opening the threads at 1 pm today, and I have sent GetThere to bed before he starts hallucinating. The day event will be posted at 3 pm, results will be at 6 pm, and night will be at 9 pm Sunday.

All players should get their missing night events before the thread opens. If anyone is missing some at 1 pm, please pm me. I apologize for the lack of individual events yesterday. This game has proven a bit daunting. That said, we should be able to get it all sorted out. (And, we have already figured out how to solve the problems in CYOA Vol II: TIME MACHINE...)
Old 03-30-2007, 06:30 AM

You are upset. How could you have let your fear and anger lead you to suspect your gentle priest, TiedUp14? What a loss to the company... he was confidant, ethical advisor, and healer to many.

Others around you show all the same symptoms of shock and dismay (though the cynical side of you points out that someone wishes your company ill and is likely enjoying this).

Finally xoom steps forward. "Fellow mercs, we can not allow this error, horrible though it is, to affect us. We are still far from home and surrounded by unknown dangers. We must take decisive action, and now."

Xoom has stepped up and taken the reins of leadership. He is now king for tonight and will decide the group personal event.

Xoom, if your first priority is a service for the dead Priest, turn to page 75.

If you choose to reinforce your rough camp for the long haul, turn to page 17.

If you choose to look for a more secure location, turn to page 51.

Please let me know by 1 pm if you can. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2007, 06:43 AM

Individual Vanillager Event (should be pmed to CYOA PersonalE):

You are assigned to locate a new source of water for the camp. The babbling pink brook is quickly being depleted by the needs of your fighting force. Do you:

a. Go East.
b. Go West.

You will get last night results and this result at the same time. Thank you for your patience.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:43 AM

Xoom declares that they must not risk the anger of the gods. He orders a service burying the dead prist, Tiedup14, with all honor.

Voj insists that as a devotee of the God Ra-Tek-Thra, he should be the one to lead the service, and spends an entire day and night in preparation for the ritual...fasting and meditating. When he does not return from his self-imposed isolation, the party goes in search of him. They find his corpse. He was an ordinary mercenary fighter.

However, they find something scribbled in light text.

"The Great Ra-Tek-Thra has shown this unworthy servant how we may rejoin our party. In the cave to the north, there exists a portal, which in his Divine Wisdom he has decreed will transport us back to our fellows. When my time of isolation is past, I will reveal this to my comrades, that we may be returned safe and that they may know the wisdom of Ra-Tek-Thra."

Xoom loses no time in ordering that the party find the portal. There is much debate over whether to brave it or not, but finally the consensus is that they should go through. The party moves through slowly.

...Return to Main Thread.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM

BUMP