Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: BBV CONFESSION

Did you play on everest poker?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:36 AM

Poker doesn't owe you [censored]. Sorry. You owe it to your BR not to tilt.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:50 AM

I used to be all over the place like you, skipping from nlhe to heads up sng to razz and omaha. If you are trying to build a bankroll, you might want to stick with your best game, all the time, no exceptions. It will keep you in a more steady groove, and will help you focus on playing every hand optimally.

Don't ever dabble in lower than your normal stake as you won't give your best effort and you will become the live one. Don't move up until you are absolutely rolled for the level, and you've prepared yourself mentally. If you are tilting, use the 24 hour self exclusion feature, go watch a movie or exercise and come back with a clear head.

Go pick up barry greenstein's book and read it cover to cover. About 12 times. If that doesn't help you, then you suck at poker and you should quit. gl.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:51 PM

I don't know how to teach someone not to tilt, but at least set some goals for yourself. If your game is no-limit, I'd advise you to play at a level where you have at least 20 buy-ins, and to play that limit exclusively for 10,000 hands. Look at your results after the 10K hands and decide if you're happy with those results and if you're rolled for the next level. I'd say if you're not beating your initial level for at least 5 PTBB/100 you should stick around until you improve.

I am still learning how to beat NL100 but have had good results at NL25 and NL50. PM me if you'd like to check in a couple of times a week for bankroll and tilt management advice or to review hands at those or lower limits. I don't know if I'm ready to coach anyone but I can try to help you a bit.

[x] First BBV post
[x] Flame away
Old 11-21-2007, 06:24 PM
 is offline

I know somebody that fits your description very close. He has been playing high stakes 5000NL, but you can constantly find him at 50NL, 100NL etc.. He just can`t control bankroll management. He has been around for couple of years. Sorry don`t really know what to advise you. I heard there is a coach that focuses on those subjects (tilt control and bankroll mngt), but I can`t remember his name.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 PM

im glad to announce Dschmeidreu is most likely getting staked this afternoon after we talked it through yesterday.

We will try and update progress on the stake so that BBV knows which is rly key for success imo. Busto date and prop bets of the kind welcome. gg me etc...

let us gogogo!
Old 11-26-2007, 02:53 PM

Stop playing right away, if you can't control tilt take up another hobby.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:58 PM

if i have any advice its try to play live more...the games are softer for one thing...and its alot harder to put your whole bankroll on the table...i basically was the exact same person you described yourself as...i realized online wasnt for me...i found some places that ran live games where i could make a living and its going well...this would be my advice to you