Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Are any current candidates invovled in secret-society style groups

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that eventually the world will have to unite under a single government, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice begging the question.

you base that on star trek or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that in a thousand years the Earth will be divided up into separate countries/languages?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think you can predict 1000 years forward?
Old 11-24-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that eventually the world will have to unite under a single government, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that in a thousand years the Earth will be divided up into separate countries/languages?

[/ QUOTE ]

Languages? Maybe not. Countries? If we move away from freedom, less countries, if we move towards it, more.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I'm assuming you're answering "yes" to my star trek question.

[/ QUOTE ]

So just because a science fiction television show from the 1960's once postulated the possibility that the Earth would be united under a one world goverment means that such a thing is just mastubatory fantasy?
Old 11-24-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I can reasonably expect life spans to increase and the world to become more homogenous, just as it always has in the past.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I can reasonably expect life spans to increase and the world to become more homogenous, just as it always has in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hasn't led to less countries though, and even if it did, you'd need another few... million... years to get THAT homogenous.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be very skeptical about prognosis for 1000 years ahead in climatology or biological diversity let alone politology.
I'd be interested why you think that since the number of countries is growing constantly (check the history and number of countries in 1000, 1900, 1950, 1970, 1990, 2007; some projections predict over 280 countries for 2050). Based on that i'd say the number of countries would be increasing unless of an extreme use of terror and conquering leaded by superpowers. Independence mean liberty and freedom and i don't think Hitler's ideas could prevail some day. If you mean that by growing economic unions (EU, ASEAN, NAFTA, CARICOM, etc.), those are not reducing liberties / freedom but rather increasing the power of smaller countries, their rights and democracy.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 AM

I heard that Ron Paul was a "Libertarian"
Old 11-24-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be very skeptical about prognosis for 1000 years ahead in climatology or biological diversity let alone politology.
I'd be interested why you think that since the number of countries is growing constantly (check the history and number of countries in 1000, 1900, 1950, 1970, 1990, 2007; some projections predict over 280 countries for 2050). Based on that i'd say the number of countries would be increasing unless of an extreme use of terror and conquering leaded by superpowers. Independence mean liberty and freedom and i don't think Hitler's ideas could prevail some day. If you mean that by growing economic unions (EU, ASEAN, NAFTA, CARICOM, etc.), those are not reducing liberties / freedom but rather increasing the power of smaller countries, their rights and democracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

By one world I only mean that the world will freely share all available resources and information. It doesn't matter what the different regions of the world (or "countries") are called. What I mean is that there will be no war between countries for material purposes, IF we are still around in a 1000 years. We might not be since factions will go to war to keep the evil ruling elitist scum from having a unified world government with a microchipped population that will be monitored 24/7 and they will break into your home and rape your wife and daughter at their leisure because they will always know where you are and then they will send you to forced labor camp and make you break stones forever, "just because we can." [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]