Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM

Default NL50 Check raise on dry board

I have been playing at this level for a while now and do okay. I have read the forums at 2+2 for a long time now and probably spend roughly 15-20 hrs a week reading content on here. I am now going to start participating. Thank you for the input.

I have only played 15 or so hands so far at this table.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $76.45
UTG: $49.90
MP: $62.70
CO: $63.15
Hero (BTN): $49.05
SB: $49.35

Pre-Flop: K:heart: J:heart: dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, [color:red]Hero raises to $2[/color], SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 2:diamond: 7:spade: 3:club: (2 Players)
BB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $3.75[/color], [color:red]BB raises to $8[/color] Hero...

I know I have to fold here but I see people re-popping on really dry boards such as this quite frequently lately. What is my range requirement to continue? Should I even bother to c-bet?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: NL50 Check raise on dry board

I also consider fold obvious against unknow. I would prodably c-bet little less but that the way I play. If BB are loose and seems to be someone that likes to make moves hard to say after 15 hands but if I see that he have played half or so of the hands so far and seems tricky I would check flop and then if he check again on turn I bet if he bet on turn I may bluff-raise him because not c-betting on this flop and raise turn it look like I have hit a set on flop and just checked to trap him because the board was dry, it will be hard for him to continue in the hand even If he get TP on turn but if he got a set on flop you feel stupid but thats not likely and this move can make a Villain fold many hands that have you beat. And if he was making a move on turn he will not try to make a move at you again and everybody will consider you tricky now and fear you and thats good.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 PM

I c-bet less because the board is so dry but meh. This is an insta muck against an unknown. Dont assume people are making moves because theyre probably not. You need a reason to think theyre making moves besides board texture. The average villain does not take board texture into consideration at all at these levels.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Yeah you right most players donīt even know what board texture are at these stakes but loose tricky players know and see this as a perfect stealing opportunity I would check-raise this flop with air if I was in BB because its very unlikely this hit anyone and if I see that someone likes to make moves at dry boards I would check and presumably make a move on turn. I like to play tricky I may check and make this move on turn against unknown only to get a tricky table image that makes the other players play straightforward against me and also makes it easy for me to steal pots in the future because most people donīt like to get in marginal situations against tricky and very aggressive players like me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]