Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Micro FR discussion

No matter how good you are, you'll always have to question whether playing certain lines against classes of opponents is the right play. Without tools like 2p2 to put these situations in front of players with better skills and more experience, you have to make weak assumptions based on past performance. As we all know, the variance in poker makes these self-emergent assumptions less likely to be correct. If nothing else, it puts the trickier situations into a place that forces some thought process that you don't generally have time for at the tables. On the flipside, you do occasionally have to battle the group-think, but if you're letting other people think for you, you're not using 2p2 for the tool it can be. Essentially trading your flaws for someone else's.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:48 PM

how do i stop myself from making superthin (more like retarded) calls on the river @ micros. 99% of the time i know it's wasting money but 0.1sec before folding i'm like "man they are so terrible you have to call this". this sort of became a problem in the last couple of weeks.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 PM

fold Aces preflop and fold a set postflop. Once you get monster laydowns out of the way folding when you know you're beaten with top pair will be easier.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:21 PM

Zyr

In the micros, very few villains bet large as a bluff. When you find that playah, make a note and take him to value town when you have a more substantial holding. Aggro villain is playing back at everyone... he probably doesn;t notice you on the sidelines for two cycles. Pick your spots against the aggro. It is TOUGH to find the patience when you "know" villain is going to bust off shortly. But ya gotta do it.

Very rarely will I call a river value bet from a passive player if I'm thin.... and it's usually because I'm tired and not thinking.