Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 03-13-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Another third barrel dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
this is what happens when you play like a sissy and dont C/R the flop

since you didnt I'd assume you are behind most times, not that many players are going to bet again with AJ or AT, so i fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what would have been different, except that hero would have the initiative and be more likely to bet this ugly river card.

If you mean that villain would have folded a 6outer then cartman's line is superior b/c we'd rather have a 6outer pay a bet than fold this turn.

Surf
Old 03-13-2006, 01:34 AM

I'd much rather fold out a 6 outer over being bluffed off the pot on the river when a scarecard hits. Sometimes he will have more than 6 outs he'll have running straight and running flush possibilities.

Plus you are also giving him the option of taking a freecard, which is worse.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is what happens when you play like a sissy and dont C/R the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't a matter of being a sissy. If there had been a flop caller for instance, I would have checkraised. The fact that it was folded to me made me choose to play it passively in this case. I checkraise sometimes too.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there had been a flop caller for instance, I would have checkraised. The fact that it was folded to me made me choose to play it passively in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. I would think having it HU would be even more of a reason to checkraise. By going passive you let him play perfect poker by taking a free card if he needs it.

Again we get to the Nate Tha' Great rule of check calling 2x = bad. (turn and river)

Granted we didn't lead the flop but still.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. I would think having it HU would be even more of a reason to checkraise. By going passive you let him play perfect poker by taking a free card if he needs it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The presence of a caller will usually make the flop better react more honestly to my checkraise than he would if it were heads up. Also, once it gets heads up, my call doesn't allow him to play perfect poker. It is unlikely in my opinion that he will take a free card on the turn, but even if he does he will usually reimburse me somewhat by calling a river bet with his Ace high or whatever. If he does have a K, which is entirely possible, playing the hand passively also offers some damage control.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:18 AM

cheeck-raise all streets pls, then post it