Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

Old 07-26-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Established Affiliate w/ FTP seeking advice from other affiliates....

I am a small affiliate for Tilt...
I have maybe 30 players that signed up using my code and was well on my way to having quite a pyramid of players and sub's under me when the UIGEA was whirled upon us...
Shortly after Neteller was taken away from the US most of my players action was lost...
Now all of a sudden I am getting a decent amount of action again and I plan on going back to work using my own innovative ways to gain new accounts. I would tell you what they are but someone might be an affiliate in my area and I don't want them using my own marketing ideas against me....Nonetheless when all the hubub with Party, Neteller, etc...closing shop to US players went down, FTP started a very aggressive affiliate approach and I think I even remember a time when you could get your existing FTP accounts that weren't linked with rakeback linked to rakeback because FTP was trying to steamroll all the Party players onto their site....
There are a ton of ads, banners, links, etc...on every poker related site (this one included) offering 27% rakeback if you sign up with this affiliate etc....
Meanwhile I have emailed, and emailed, and emailed, to the FTP affiliate email address requesting an increase of what my % of rakeback off of my players is (Currently starts @ 20%) so that I can offer more of an incentive to prospective accounts and somewhat compete with the larger affiliates. I was told to send them a new list of ideas and methods that I will use to acquire new accounts and I did so but still not even a return email from them....
I never plan or expect, nor desire, to be a "mega affiliate". I am not going to get hundreds of accounts from banner clicks on a website. However most of my players are coming from underground poker rooms, college campuses, and business owners who like to play in their spare time...so when I do get new players to sign up with FTP I am going to get a decent amount of play from them and to be 100% honest with you.... some of my newer players under me don't even know of rakeback so I don't have to offer it to all of them. Since most of my FTP players are somewhat local to them I instead offer them other means of convenience such as....
I sometimes work as a payment processor for them. Joe Blow calls me up and needs $400 in his FTP account I transfer it to him from my player account and get the cash from him at a designated time...If I know the player well I will sometimes even let him/her pay me in installments. If a player has a good run and would like to cash out some money I let them transfer the money to my player account and I give them the cash. I did these things before Neteller went down and now they are even MORE of an advantage to my players.
What can I do to get tilt to offer me more of a % share...I know a ton of affiliates are starting off higher than 20% even if they don't get to the $10000 gross mark for the increase in % share.
Why is Tilt's affiliate address so slow in getting back to people? Do they only have 1 person that works for the affiliates? I mean it has been 6-7 weeks since I last sent an email to them that has still not been returned with an answer???

BTW....
Does anyone know if they still offer the CD's that have your affiliate code embedded in them???
If so do you have to buy a lot of them at the $1 per CD price? Or can you just buy one and copy it???

Thanks,
Chad
Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Established Affiliate w/ FTP seeking advice from other affiliates.

[ QUOTE ]
..I know a ton of affiliates are starting off higher than 20% even if they don't get to the $10000 gross mark for the increase in % share.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Chad,
I'm calling "[censored]" on that claim! I'm fairly certain FTP doesn't just throw out %s based on hopes and dreams.

Also, you have 30 players and are still only 20%??? I might as well call "[censored]" on that claim as well. Even if they're only avging $400/month each in RB, you're going to be above 20%.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Established Affiliate w/ FTP seeking advice from other affiliates....

If you never plan on getting that big your best option is to set up under a more established affiliate who will already have a much higher percentage. You will earn more right from the start and not have the headache of dealing with affiliate support. There are a variety of these types of sub-affiliate programs and some allow you to retain a great deal of autonomy. Check out some of the affiliates who advertise here and see what they have to offer you.

Good luck,

RBS
Old 07-27-2007, 04:14 PM

and then they will screw you or in the best circumstance you will work for him. what idiots are on full tilt, why they dont sell 3% of their site to some big affiliates .they have the same logic now.they are 2-3 big affiliates and they make money on a ready job without any competition. at least 3% of our rake to their pockets. too big amount for doing nothing..simply get it. full tilt idiots....
Old 07-27-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and then they will screw you or in the best circumstance you will work for him. what idiots are on full tilt, why they dont sell 3% of their site to some big affiliates .they have the same logic now.they are 2-3 big affiliates and they make money on a ready job without any competition. at least 3% of our rake to their pockets. too big amount for doing nothing..simply get it. full tilt idiots....

[/ QUOTE ]

Gameplay

I have been reading your posts over the past couple of weeks and I am really getting tired of your constant affiliate bashing in this thread.

This thread is to assist people in getting rakeback deals, understanding rakeback, getting clarification of rakeback,
resolving issues, and generally for the enhancement of rakeback for both affiliates and players.

I am getting a very good rakeback deal from an awesome affiliate because of this forum. They keep my stats updated regularly, process my payments, provide me with other rakeback opportunities, and essentially got to bat for me if there are problems with the poker sites etc...
These affiliate provide a valuable function in a competitive enviroment and your damn right they should get paid to do it. They provide a valuable service and support the players thru negotiations of rates, quality of service, and enhancements( such as lobbying UB to pay for SNG's)with the poker sites. In my many years of playing and getting rakeback my affilate has been providing great customer service whereas the poker sites, in many cases, have been unresponsive to needs and don't provide service anywehre near the level of service provided by my rakeback affiliate.

I am not sure how well you understand the mechanisms of business but in almost every goods and service provided to you , there is more than one stage(ie:there are always middlemen from manufacturing down to service and product.)
Having affilates is no different. They have one area of expertise, learn it well, and pass on their knowledge and experience to help and also protect players.

You are constantly suggesting that poker sites should act as affiliates themselves. Well if party is an example of this system then why was my unmentionable cut from 30% to 10% when they, imo, carte-blanche screwed a vast amount of their affilates and players.

I could go on but I dont have hours-on-end to continue responding to your counter-productive and negative posts.
Your posts are not in the spirit of this forum and I am sick of them. Go find another topic to rant about. Your continued bashing of the affilates who advertise and support this site should be given "delete staus"

Sorry if my response seems a little harsh. I intended to approach it in a nice way but my primal instincts got the best of me. I look forward to your respoonse ( which I expect will be the usual long-winded, near unintelligible
garbage you normally post).

Regards

O Twist
Old 07-28-2007, 10:14 AM

your post simply doesnt deserve a response mr newbie. your complains to your mom if you cant understand about what i talked about. rakereduction is a good affiliate because you talked about him,that has no connection that at full tilt they are the 'second' party.
i am not against the affiliates i am an affiliate also but i am against some sites methods and logic, where did u see that i like party? is the worst pokerroom. try to make a useful post next time than attack personally in that bad faith. if you have any points about your opinion tell them like i have done.
finally do you prefer affiliate rakeback than direclty? or you simply like to attack?

also i would never become an affiliate who sends his players to an other affiliate,i think the same opinion have all the serious affiliates. that was my point above. that is something that cant work is like a pyramid. also the full tilt should had a more clear affiliate system like over 10k mgr you get that not we will look we will see we will... thats a joke, second party.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:22 PM

Are you drunk?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:28 PM

yes red lion but how did u realize that?