Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Received an email..

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that anyone who has a differing opinion regarding the randomness of the deal online considered an idiot?

The only idiot IMO is the one who just calls someone an idiot without trying to refute them logically.

[/ QUOTE ]

'cause there is a moron who come on this site every few days who:

a) claims that online poker is rigged

and

b) has never looked at any of the previous posts on the topic

and

c) thinks that they are the first person in the history of the world to ask this question

and

d) never, ever, ever, ever, provides any proof

and

e) expects people to have the same argument again and again

and

f) http://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid...woplustwo%2ecom shows 3,740 different pages on this site refer to something being rigged (not all of which relate directly to this issue, but the point is clear)

and

g) if you're playing poker, and you genuinely believe it to be rigged, a part of your brain must be broken to keep playing it

and

h) it is repetitive and boring

and

i) none of the "poker is rigged" claimants ever have anything new or interesting to say

and

j) it annoys me

and

k) claims that a friend told them; or that they have a database; or that they saw an email written by a guy who was told by a cousin of an employee of partypoker that it is rigged

and

l) never provides any of the details referred to in (k)

and

m) thinks that the only reason they are a losing player is because poker is rigged

and

n) never provides any intellectual support or logic for their position

and

o) probably believes in a series of other bizarre conspiracies

and

p) demands that other people do the intellectual work that the various claimants are clearly unsuitable for

and

q) wastes time of people reading and posting this forum

and

r) often manages to goad people into replying to their moronic ideas, and wastes their time (this is a particular problem for me)

and

s) refuses to listen to any reasoning against their point of view

and

t) never, ever, does any genuine research on the issue

and

u) often sulks when they don't get the answer they want

and

v) very rarely has made more than a handful of posts to this forum

and

x) almost never is a respected contributor to this forum

and

y) often fails to respond to the issues raised in the threads that they create

and

z) is just a general moron

If you genuinely cared about the issues involved here, you would put the effort in yourself into reading the literally thousands of other posts on this topic.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From a friend of mine who plays poker but not that much online. He wants me to comment on a study someone "supposedly did" on online poker.
1. Im not sure exactly what the study shows or is trying to show. Does any of this make sense
2. Were HU games around on UB for 19 months?
heres the email

i didn't tell you about a 19-month "study" that some friends of mine did with online poker

they had 2 bots playing with each other .. on like 2 or 3 sites... wont say what percent of hands were from which sites, but UB and FULL TILT where included

Anyway, they had the bots check down every hand

then they pulled the hands into pokertracker (its a program that I have and other people have that analyzes online poker hands, etc) ... they played a HUGE number of hands heads up with all hands being checked down .. no human intervention ....

you would expect that the preflop starting hands would have had win% consistent with what their win% is versus a random hand, right?

NOPE. ALL WERE WITHIN 15/1000 of 1 percent of each other. In other words, it appears that each hand had the same chance of prevailing preflop regardless of what the cards are, as long as nobody folds

pretty funny stuff, huh?

Now I have PT and I have a large number of hands and in comparison to some other data bases it looks pretty normal. Is this some kind of a scare email to online players? No hard numbers are listed so Im not really giving this much thought. Figured it might be entertaining in the Zoo....Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why dont you test this out at a money table. Just call all bets and see if you break even. BTW please let me know when you are ready to test this idea. I would like to watch.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 PM

Josem, I agree on all of your points except for x)
[ QUOTE ]
x) almost never is a respected contributor to this forum

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that there has never, not almost never, been a case of a respected contributor to this forum saying online poker was rigged.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that there has never, not almost never been a case of a respected contributor to this forum saying online poker was rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

true.

sorry.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:00 PM

Understand that I do not think online poker is rigged. I play far too much of it to think that way. I made this post for one reason. So people more intellegent then me could rip apart the emial so I could steal the ideas and sound smart to my friend that forwared to me.
Thanks for the comments
Old 07-10-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Im not sure I understand your post??? </font>

[ QUOTE ]
"What do you mean I lost, I cant have, these sites are obviously rigged "

LOL @ people trying to justify why they have just lost when they are clearly the bestest bestest player in the whole universe ever, EVER!

While we are on conspiracy theories, what if Pokertracker etc are rigged. &lt;GASPS&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude,

"What do you mean I lost, I cant have, these sites are obviously rigged "

This refers to what i believe people must think to throw around baseless accusations.

LOL @ people trying to justify why they have just lost when they are clearly the bestest bestest player in the whole universe ever, EVER!

An attampt at sarcasm. (obviously need to work on that one [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] )

And

While we are on conspiracy theories, what if Pokertracker etc are rigged. &lt;GASPS&gt;

If people can accuse pokersites of being rigged. In theory, they could have created this software to give people a false sense of security. (not my opinion, just being silly)
Old 07-10-2007, 05:43 AM

Online Poker isn't rigged.
People who think that way do so because they are bad players and are trying to lay blame to whatever external scapegoat they can find.
Of course, the problem isn't *them* and their donkish play, its the site for rigging their hands. What fools.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online Poker isn't rigged.
People who think that way do so because they are bad players and are trying to lay blame to whatever external scapegoat they can find.
Of course, the problem isn't *them* and their donkish play, its the site for rigging their hands. What fools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I was trying to get at, cheers.

me no working words good, brain hurting [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 07:31 PM

oh my god .. I just had AK and it lost to A-10

MUST BE RIGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why dont you test this out at a money table. Just call all bets and see if you break even. BTW please let me know when you are ready to test this idea. I would like to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a corollary to this, you could be a winner at a rakeless game by moving in preflop every time (assuming other people will fold preflop at least sometimes).