Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Fun little hand with Dave (2/4)

I meant to type something in the chat box and it insta-min raised. After doing so, I told him I did that on accident and meant to pot.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $542.05
Hero: $423.35

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($24, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $28</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $122</font>, Hero ?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Fun little hand with Dave (2/4)

Push. If he picked up a set when you picked up top two when heads up then you'll likely stack off and will have gotten a serious sphincter widening, but he may very well have AA3 here or A2Kx.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After doing so, I told him I did that on accident and meant to pot.

[/ QUOTE ]Shabamabam - Yikes! Did you tell him you meant to pot it before he bet the $122 or after he bet it? If you told him before he bet the $122, your tell could have induced him to make the big bet.

Even so, I don't see how you can know if the guy is bluffing or not.

I really do enjoy playing Omaha-8, but this kind of scenario just doesn't appeal to me.

What to do? If you get a thrill out of betting so as to see who is "chicken" and will get out of the way first, go ahead and re-pot it.

Otherwise fold. And henceforth, try to push the right button. But if you don't, and if you have an enigmatic hand/flop like this one, don't put yourself in the position of having to wildly guess about the strength of your opponent's hand.

Buzz
Old 04-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Very read dependant situation not just because its heads up, but because its possible Dave was messing around. I dont know what was going on before this hand.

Ill give a weird line. I would call and push on any non 4 or 5 on the turn and consider folding if a 4 or 5 hits on the turn.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ill give a weird line. I would call and push on any non 4 or 5 on the turn and consider folding if a 4 or 5 hits on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:28 PM

I dont get it. Is the theory that Dave has to have an A3 backdoor low/wheel draw? Are you making a game theory style randomization?
Old 04-13-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if the board pairs deuces on the turn? Or if the turn is an A (particularly if its not the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

A deuce would all but kill your hand, in my opinion, while an Ace will likely have you drawing to half. In the latter case, I suppose you'd have 8 outs to fill up or make a wheel and scoop (if he hasn't got AA), but it's sure not a place I'd want to get my money in.

I think this is a very difficult flop decision, because it has to be quite dependent on read and feel.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:00 PM

for some reason, i always think my opponents have top pair with a straight wrap whenever i get played back at in these spots...
Old 04-16-2007, 12:01 AM

top 2 is like the nuts there.. shove.