Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: from 5/10 to 10/20 t o15/30

When they respect your raises you don't win crap with a made hand.

I was in a game last weekend that was great, 4-8 limit and they were going nuts. 4-5 people calling a capped bet preflop, calling down marginal hands ect. ect. I pulled $400 from that table.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, yes, I am more of a NL player..but all my experience in Limit has been 5/10. I do understand bad players = profit. I have read Hold Em Poker For Advanced Players and Jennifer Harmon's Limit section in SSII.

But, all the experience I have seen, there is atleast 2 people per hand playing K5 or Q6os or even J4 suited. In addition to those 2 people, there is a decent player with a reaonable hand, and someone else.

So, I get say JJ in mid position with 1 limper in front and make it 2 bets...and get a caller behind, big blind calls and limper calls. Flop is Q 5 9 2 suited....ya know 1 of these donks has A JUNK QUEEN. They call raises with any picture cards. So how do you defend it? Obviously 4 handed you gotta throw the jacks away to a bet. And if they hae 1 of the 2 suited cards...there in.

I realize you need bad players...but 2-3 in EVERY POT is insane. you cant put them on a hand, its impossibe..they play K3 like TT, or a made straight. There iditos and there everywhere.

I played a 5/10 game in Indiana last month..had 66 and raised from late position. BB called with Q2 OS. Flop comes Q66...I bet he calls. Turn and river is both Q's..I lose with Quads to bigger Quads. But WHy would he call a raised pot with Q2 OS??????

The card room here in Joliet just reopened, and I am going there now to try the 10/20.

Basically..Im asking at what levels, do people start repecting raises? Making bad calls is fine...but 4 people making MISERABLE CALLS AND CATCHING....it sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

you're an idiot. you want this in every game. lol@ respecting raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever...im sorry I even brought this post up, I guess nobody undertands my Point of view
Old 02-01-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, yes, I am more of a NL player..but all my experience in Limit has been 5/10. I do understand bad players = profit. I have read Hold Em Poker For Advanced Players and Jennifer Harmon's Limit section in SSII.

But, all the experience I have seen, there is atleast 2 people per hand playing K5 or Q6os or even J4 suited. In addition to those 2 people, there is a decent player with a reaonable hand, and someone else.

So, I get say JJ in mid position with 1 limper in front and make it 2 bets...and get a caller behind, big blind calls and limper calls. Flop is Q 5 9 2 suited....ya know 1 of these donks has A JUNK QUEEN. They call raises with any picture cards. So how do you defend it? Obviously 4 handed you gotta throw the jacks away to a bet. And if they hae 1 of the 2 suited cards...there in.

I realize you need bad players...but 2-3 in EVERY POT is insane. you cant put them on a hand, its impossibe..they play K3 like TT, or a made straight. There iditos and there everywhere.

I played a 5/10 game in Indiana last month..had 66 and raised from late position. BB called with Q2 OS. Flop comes Q66...I bet he calls. Turn and river is both Q's..I lose with Quads to bigger Quads. But WHy would he call a raised pot with Q2 OS??????

The card room here in Joliet just reopened, and I am going there now to try the 10/20.

Basically..Im asking at what levels, do people start repecting raises? Making bad calls is fine...but 4 people making MISERABLE CALLS AND CATCHING....it sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

you're an idiot. you want this in every game. lol@ respecting raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever...im sorry I even brought this post up, I guess nobody undertands my Point of view

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone understood your point of view at the beginning. Once they learn how to win they realize how ridiculous they sounded.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take it personal, people are actually trying to help you. Save this post and look at it one year from now and if you've improved as a player, trust me you'll have a good laugh.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:10 AM

It is hard when things can't go just the way you want them all the time.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:15 AM

It is very frustrating, these types of games; I personally hate them with all my heart. How I wish I could still find one... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2007, 07:16 AM

...or go back to no limit?

It seems to be something basic within us. You may be genetically suited to NL. I've found I'm not. I'm perfectly suited and happy to play limit poker. I don't mind the suckouts at limit, but hate it at no limit. I play profitably at limit, but not so well at no limit. I can sit and grind for hours at limit, but get antsy at no limit.

Perhaps you are better off at the no limit tables.

CJ
Old 02-01-2007, 08:41 AM

you're probably a losing player in the games and are chalking it up to bad luck.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:00 PM

^not true at all. Even the hands I'm not involved with drive me nuts. I think I was experiencing the far end of the sprectrum of loose wild miserably weak players...6 in every game/pot

I actually ended up playing 5/10 last night...I won a little bit..which brings up my next bitch at the lower limit, lol...

the rake. We were 7 handed...the game was pretty quick, I figured in 2 hours, I saw around 40 hands, so each payed about $17-20 an hour in rakes, plus being in the blind so often. i actually played better, and the game was really weak...the dealer was cool. i explained my thought on limit here to him...he said the 10/20 game is good there(1 table and i was third on list)..and theres a 20/40 game a hour away he said that can be killed
Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 PM

In order to be a good limit player you have to learn how to beat loose/passive (calling station) and loose/aggressive (maniac) type games.
In these games you have to open up your starting standards some. Limp with any pocket pair and mid to high suited connectors. You will loose more with big pairs and AK but win some big pots when you hit trips or a straight/flush.
Focus on winning the big pots when you have a big edge in the hand and folding marginal draws when the pot is small.
One problem in playing in these type games is sometimes you will go card dead and have loosing sessions. If moves don't work and the hand goes to showdown everytime, sometimes three or four way you have to have the goods to win.
Read SSHE and impliment what it teaches or else go back to no-limit where you can bet enough to get people not to chase properly.

Also think about this, how profitable would it be if you raised with AA in mid position and everyone folded. How much will you make in a tight game like this?