Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 08:59 AM

Default Re: How fishy?

Edit 3:

You know what? Yes, feel free to checkraise the turn.

I'm not used to hands like this one anymore, but I think a turn checkraise is quite likely best. You could buy as many as four outs here, and while you won't buy that many outs on average, or probably even close to it, your equity isn't so bad anyway.

Just don't follow up by betting the river if you miss your multitude of potential outs. Check-fold the river in that case instead.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit 3:

I'm not used to hands like this one anymore, but I think a turn checkraise is possibly best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why have you changed your mind from calling the turn to check raising ?

Does the possibility of cleaning up your overcard outs (before you know that UTG is probably beating top pair) swing this for you ?

Edit: Ok, you answered my question, at the same time that I was posting.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit 3:

I'm not used to hands like this one anymore, but I think a turn checkraise is possibly best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why have you changed your mind from calling the turn to check raising ?

Does the possibility of cleaning up your overcard outs (before you know that UTG is probably beating top pair) swing this for you ?

Edit: Ok, you answered my question, at the same time that I was posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

To explain the reason for my change of opinion (or to try to):

I'm not used to pots that are this big and have so many people still involved anymore.

But in large pots, increasing your chances of winning, if you have the chance to, can be a very good thing. And while in protected pots like this one you won't have favorable opportunities to buy outs on the turn very often, this could be one of those rare opportunities.

Our draw is huge, and a turn checkraise from us will look very scary at this point. So hands that have us reverse-dominated might fold for two more. Which would help our chances of winning.

And we do have our massive draw to fall back on, if we get cold-called instead (or even if we go to the river 3-handed).
Old 05-19-2006, 11:16 AM

I'm confused by the "check raise the turn" crowd here. A check raise could scare off people we are beating if we make the flush/straight, either of which are likely to be good if we make them.

I would lead out with a bet on this turn 100% of the time. That turn card is the best possible turn card we could have gotten (giving you both your straight and flush draws).
Old 05-19-2006, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused by the "check raise the turn" crowd here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible I was being over-exuberant. But our equity is decent in this multiway pot, even with only one card left to come, and folding out K6 or A5, or both, while hurting the odds we're getting on our bigger draws, would at least improve our chances of winning.

I'll admit though that this isn't as significant with just one card left to come and just one round of betting left as it would be on the flop (if we already had our great draw then), where our chances of hitting would be better and the implied odds involved would also be greater. (Among other things, by the time we get to the turn, the bets have already doubled.)

[ QUOTE ]
A check raise could scare off people we are beating if we make the flush/straight, either of which are likely to be good if we make them.

[/ QUOTE ]

We should feel great about a flush or a straight if we make those hands, and a straight can't lose. (And we won't scare anyone out who could make a boat at the same time we made a flush.)

Those aren't the only draws we have, though.

[ QUOTE ]
I would lead out with a bet on this turn 100% of the time. That turn card is the best possible turn card we could have gotten (giving you both your straight and flush draws).

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. I don't hate this idea, but I'd rather check and see what developed.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:21 PM

I just want to say how much i enjoyed watching UTG lose this hand. LMAO.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:44 PM

Grunch:

3bet PF, bet out the flop, the rest is goood
Old 05-19-2006, 05:50 PM

I would 3 bet preflop. Just call with AKo if you want but I think you're giving up too much by not jamming it here.

Otherwise nh.