Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Ron Paul - Stay Clear of \"Hot Button\" Issues??

I don't think so. The fact that the man tells the truth is why I am voting for him.

I was 18 yrs old in 72 and voted for Nixon and have had little trust for politicians ever since, and it has turned out to be rightly so.

I'd like to give you a good example of why I like Ron Paul for more than just his beliefs:

When he was interviewed on t.v. after bringing in over 5m in 24 hrs, he was just a grinnin, and when asked what sparked this concerted effort on line, he responded:
"I don't really know for sure, other than my message is getting out there. I wish I could take more credit than having a message that the donators want to hear, but it's really their efforts that have brought this money in. I've had very little to with it." hehe.

Now, that is not exactly what he said of course, but if it had been Mr. 9/11, he would have something like: "Well, my staff yada yada, and we worked getting this going yada yada and the donators are working hard and we're working hard with em and ....you know the same ol' bull.

You can't even get Hillary to give you a straight answer on Spitzer's decision to give illegals driver's licenses, other than to say she understands the position he is in since the fed govt won't do their job, but she'll remedy that when she gets in office. But she doesn't tell you what she'll do. We all know.....she'll fight to give them citizenship.

Now when Bill Clinton ran for office the first time, I thought I might vote for him. He was good at dodging questions, but answered a lot of them....but then...the smoking a joint in college issue came out and he tried to tell me that he didn't inhale.

What a freakin insult. I was fooled. Fortunately it was before the election.

I like Paul (other than the fact that I agree with him on the issues) because he gives straight answers. You either agree or disagree.

I don't see the CIA being abolished, but I'd love to see Homeland Security shutdown and the FAA turned over to the airlines. I'd like us out of Korea, Europe and of course the Middle East.

We also won't be spending billions putting in a missle defense shield in Europe. Damn! That Military Industrial Machine President Eisenhower talked about has got a damn good grip on Bush.

The bonus of having Paul in office:

He has swore to veto any bill that comes across his desk with so much as one earmark in it. Absolutely no fat.

Congress can veto, but we can pick up the phone and remind them who put them in office.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul - Stay Clear of \"Hot Button\" Issues??

I didn't inhale the first 2 times I smoked weed. I held it in my mouth, and then blew it out. I had no idea you were supposed to inhale it. Same with the first couple of times I smoked cigarettes.

Unfortunetly, the first time I smoked a cigar, it was the opposite. lmao.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't inhale the first 2 times I smoked weed. I held it in my mouth, and then blew it out. I had no idea you were supposed to inhale it. Same with the first couple of times I smoked cigarettes.

Unfortunetly, the first time I smoked a cigar, it was the opposite. lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

You too huh. I mean I never smoked cigs, but I was used to Cigars so the first few times I tried weed I was just a waste of perfectly good pot.

Cody
Old 11-10-2007, 10:22 PM

You're supposed to inhale it?!!?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:27 PM

hah...I'm serious yo, I didn't know. Don't tase me bro.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:23 PM

lmao, I don't smoke cigars but I had no idea you wasn't supposed to inhale them. Why the difference?

I always heard cigars were a ton worse for you than cigs -- if you don't inhale is that completely false?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:30 PM

One cigar = worse for you than one cigarette. One cigar = about half a pack of cigs. So it depends.

I think there is much more nicotine in cigars? I really don't know why you aren't supposed to inhale. The smoke is too thick maybe?
Old 11-10-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lmao, I don't smoke cigars but I had no idea you wasn't supposed to inhale them. Why the difference?

I always heard cigars were a ton worse for you than cigs -- if you don't inhale is that completely false?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, its not false, just a different hazard...mouth cancer.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, its not false, just a different hazard...mouth cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, don't even take one out of the box to hold it. You'll get finger cancer.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In fact, don't even take one out of the box to hold it. You'll get finger cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limbaugh's famed "Nicotine Stained Fingers" are in fact cancer then LOL.

PS: Don't flame, I hate that guy.